I am an empathetic teacher of French, Spanish, English as a foreign language able to identify and overcome learners' obstacles by teaching them on how to acquire the four language skills of: listening, speaking, reading, writing, using a variety of online material so they reach their goal.
I have successfully taught learners of all ages,abilities and nationalities from beginner to university level enabling them to progress with their studies.job opportunities or simply their life.( see my CV)
I am passionate about teaching and enjoy every minute of every lesson.
• 2017 February to Present Self-employed Online Tutor
Freelance online English language tutor: Assessing student’s levels, conducting mock IELTS speaking examinations, designing and delivering English language courses online to groups and individuals.
• 2016 April to September University of Cardiff, Cardiff
Tutor on English for University Studies Course: Delivered academic English courses on the EFUS Programme.
Lecturer on summer Pre-Sessional course: Delivered EAP (English for academic purpose) to international students wishing to attend undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
• 2009 to March 2016, City School of Languages, Swansea
Assistant Director of Studies: Organised and supervised timetables; classes; teaching material; examinations; diagnostic evaluations; PR work
Teaching Duties: Planned, organised and delivered English Language courses: General English focusing mainly on Advanced level; Academic English focusing on IELTS preparation and Foundation Level.
• 2012 June to September Inlingua, Swansea Institute
Coordinator of Pre-sessional course: Organised timetable; prepared teaching materials and delivered course with 100% success rate.
• 2003 to 2009 English Language Tutor, DACE, University of Swansea
Teaching Duties: Organised, managed and successfully taught both General English Language classes and IELTS classes on behalf of the university.
• 1993-2003 Swansea Institute of Higher Education, Swansea
Language lecturer: French, Spanish and TEFL
• 1987 to 1993 Swansea College of Further Education, Swansea
Language Lecturer: French, Spanish and TEFL
• 1991 July to August Anglo European Studies Tours
Director of Studies: Organised, supervised and managed the summer school based at Swansea University.
• 1985 to 1987 Regency School of English, Monte Carlo
Principal: Founded and managed a language school with a wide range of both academic and administrative duties.
• 1981 to 1985 Insight, Antibes , France
Partner: Developed, managed and taught specialist English language courses for International companies such as IBM and DOW Chemicals.
• 1980 to 1981 Edmonton Comprehensive School, London
Teacher: Taught French and Spanish at Key stages 3, 4, 5
• 2013 CELTA University of Swansea
• 2006 Certificate in Basic Skills Level 3, Literacy and Numeracy, Swansea College
• 1980 PGCE Manchester University
• 1978 BA Honours in Applied Modern Languages with Economics, Newcastle Upon Tyne
• Leadership and using initiative
Throughout my career I have had leadership roles and responsibilities. My experience as a partner in a language school, school founder and director and more recently assistant director of studies all required me to make and take strategic decisions. Even as a classroom teacher I have been required to operate independently.
All my teaching jobs together with various management roles have required me to demonstrate this skill.
Working as Assistant Director of Studies required me to use my own initiative, but also make contributions to the management team.
• Organisation and Management
Teaching and my managerial roles have necessitated a high level of these skills to ensure a smooth delivery and successful outcome.
• IT Skills
Tutoring online to individuals and group conferencing, has greatly enhanced my IT competency.
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, french language and literature lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£18||Not available||£18|