I am Priscilla, a Maths teacher with over 20 years of teaching and tutoring of Maths. Teaching Maths is my passion and I get no greater satisfaction than my students' success. I love to share in that moment when my students evolve from struggling with Maths to competence, anyone can do it.
Over 20 years of teaching and tutoring throughout England, including London as well as internationally. Served as Maths consultant in London as well as Head of Department and Deputy Head in Bedfordshire before relocating to Yorkshire. Currently doing supply teaching throughout West Yorkshire.
GCSE level: £30.00
2012 – Present Campbell’s Preparatory School, Tobago
Proprietor, Principal and Teacher
• Founded Campbell’s Preparatory School, a 5 – 11+ school in Tobago
• Lead and managed a team of up to six (6) members of staff
• Teach standard five ( year 6) class in preparation for Common Entrance examination
• Consistently performed in the top 5 schools on the island out of 45 schools.
• Developed an ethos of high achievement well as a caring environment
• Introduce the concept of half term break to Trinidad and Tobago
2010 – 2012 Ministry of Tobago Development Trinidad & Tobago
Human Capacity Coordinator
• Report to the Permanent Secretary
• Represent Tobago on the National Labour Market Council
• Represent Tobago on the National Scholarship Committee
• Identify areas of dearth in the labour market on the island
• Secure local, regional and international scholarships for residents of Tobago to fill those areas of dearth
• Provide placement for scholars upon return to Tobago
• Represent the Minister or the Permanent Secretary at events
• Lead and manage a team of twelve persons
• Work with the senior team in the Ministry on various initiatives
2008 – September, 2010 London Borough of Camden UK
Secondary Mathematics Consultant
• Lead sixteen institutions on school improvement strategies with emphasis on Mathematics education
• Improved Mathematics results in Camden Borough by an average of 17% per year for two years
• Explore diversity of pathways for learners towards post secondary options
• Support and advise senior leadership teams and middle managers on effective ways of supporting learners to choose best subject and assessment options to meet their needs
• Train teacher in the use of ICT in the curriculum
• Support on development of Functional Skills
• Support and advise on assessment procedures – Assessment for Learning including Assessing Pupils’ Progress
• Support on development of developmental checklists for Learning Walks, Peer Observations and Formal observations
• Review and advise on Schemes of work
• Support developments on systems for monitoring and improving the quality of teaching and learning
• Arrange training for schools’ Senior Leadership Team on effective and efficient use of OFSTED criteria
• Train subject leaders on use of OFSTED criteria
• Whole school training on OFSTED criteria
2006 – 2008 Division of Education T.H.A
Public Education and Communication Officer
• Established 4 homework centres throughout the island of Tobago.
• Conceptualise, develop and coordinate vacation Schools for 5 to 16 year olds throughout Tobago.
• Manage the Young Scholars unit
• Introduce, train teachers and monitor the use of the eBeam technology as a tool in the delivery of the curriculum in Tobago’s schools
• Support young people to access the Global Young Leaders Conference in Washington DC, U.S.A
• Launch and manage National Open School of Trinidad and Tobago in the island of Tobago
• Coordinate Professional Development seminars for teachers in Tobago
• Partner with the electronic media in the staging of The Children’s Showcase programme
2003 – 2006 Halyard High School Luton UK
Responsibility for school improvement in teaching and learning in Mathematics, Science and ICT departments.
Improved quality of satisfactory teaching from 45% to 85% across the school.
Introduced the use of ICT across the curriculum in Mathematics.
Lead on the use of interactive multimedia resources in the school.
Monitor the impact of the use of the interactive multimedia resources on the quality of teaching and learning.
Subscribed to several providers for the use of relevant software in the respective subject areas.
Managed the resources including the budget of the Assistant Headteacher.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|