My motto is, 'mathematics is fun.' I teach by using resources that are relevant, but stretches the students' mind. I prefer to set activities where the student learns by using guided research. I also use a variety of testing methods during the plenary of the session.
I have a lot of experience of teaching mathematics to all ages and levels. I have taught in primary, secondary schools and college. My students have passed with their expected and above grades.
I have been an A class examiner for SATs and GCSE with Edexcel.
Cancellation policy: Within 24 hours 50% and more than 24 hours 10%
GCSE tutorials are more expensive £30, but no travel cost
A versatile and experienced individual with extensive teaching experience from Early years to adults. Good communication and organisational skills. Flexible and works well independently as well as in a team. Skilled in managing multiple priorities to meet challenging deadlines without compromising quality.
University 1977 - 78 Affiliated to Cardiff University
B.Ed degree Geography and Education
College of Education for Teachers 1974 -77 Barry Teacher Training College, South Wales
Advance main Geography (Distinction) Advance main mathematics (Distinction) Education (Distinction)
1966-73 Merrywood Grammar School, Bristol
‘A’ levels: Geography Mathematics Further mathematics (F) General Papers
‘O’ levels: Modern Mathematics, Traditional Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography,, Geology, French
Functional skills level 2: 2016 English, mathematics, ICT
SMART Training of Hampton Wick, London March 2009 – to present
Tutor / Assessor / Invigilator
• Planning study days that are differentiated to meet the needs of all trainees while meeting the requirements and standards of Edexcel examination board.
• Delivering exciting and stimulating study days where trainees are taught, using numerous teaching strategies how to develop their practice through various methods of research
• Delivering functional skills Literacy, numeracy and ICT at different levels to meet the individual needs of the trainees and embedding each discipline during the study day
SUPPLY TEACHING November 2008 – February 2009
• Teaching in several settings from primary years (including EYFS) to secondary years at extreme short notice
• Teaching and marking mathematics from age eleven to sixteen years across different courses (GCSE Higher and foundation levels)
• Teaching all subjects of the primary frameworks
• Teaching mathematics to secondary school pupils
• Following the safeguarding and child protection policies of the schools to ensure all pupils in my care are safe
PRIMARY SCHOOLS PERMANENT POST 1999 - 2008
• Responsible for the care of thirty children in lower key stage 2
• Planning lessons for all areas of the primary curriculum to meet the needs of all children in my care, (including SENs planning for children working at ‘P’ levels and life skills through following the EYFS framework.)
• Assessing children’s work to the learning intention and giving each child feedback to help them develop their skills
• Maintaining an environment in the classroom that is safe and conducive to learning, including displays of children’s work
• Promoting good behaviour through praise and only using sanctions as a last result
• Planning and monitoring children who have IEPs and integrate their personalised targets into the class teaching
SECONDARY SCHOOL teaching of mathematics September 1978 – August 1993 .
• Taught mathematics to all secondary school aged pupils and to all levels, including ‘A’ level, Higher GCSE, foundation GCSE, 16+, CSE mode 1, CSE mode 3, pitman arithmetic
EDEXCEL EXAMINER Summer 1985 – 2010
• Marking GCSE mathematics’ papers
• Moderating mathematics’ coursework
• Moderating mathematics’ SATs level 3 papers
• Moderating mathematics’ SATs level 2 papers
• The moderating involved attending meetings where discussions took place on how to mark a specific question
Being graded as an ‘A’ grade marker
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|