I assess my students to gain an idea of where the areas of need are and plan my lessons accordingly. I use a range of materials - including ICT resources. I have a lot of experience with a range of primary aged children and feel confident I can pitch the learning appropriately. The lessons would have a review of the learning, new learning and work toward mastery of the topic area. I encourage and support throughout.
I am an experienced primary school teacher with tutoring experience. I have taught EYFS, KS1 and 2 and have experience with EAL and ESOL students. Children in my classes have enjoyed much success and enjoyment of learning. I graduate in Biological sciences and have a PGCE.
Rates are per student. I would offer a free 30 minute 'assessment' lesson.
Tutor – Y5
Swindon Virtual School
I taught 1:1 lessons with a y5 student.
• Covered y5 targets in English and maths, science, PE, DT.
• Completely autonomous in the role
Key Stage 2 Teacher Y5
St Peter’s C of E Primary School
I taught a Y5 class
• Re-developed the learning environment
• Two children with EHCPs in class
• Role involved high degree communication with parents, SENCO, School liaison officer, HLTA’s
Supply teacher EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2
ITN Mark Education and Monarch Education
Bristol, BAINES, South Glos LEA
Taught in a variety of schools and for day to day and longer-term contracts.
• Developed flexibility for teaching in differing learning environments
• Needs a strong grasp on the changing curriculum across 2 key stages with associated subject knowledge
Key Stage 2 teacher
Begbrook Primary Academy
I taught in Y6 classes and some day to day supply cover across the school.
• Used new national curriculum targets
• Taught elements of SPAG tests
Key Stage 2 Teacher
Greenfield E-Act acadaemy
I created and taught individual teaching programs for Y5 and Y6 groups. I focussed on literacy and maths; teaching based on prior assessment and targets set by the academy.
• Learned teaching and learning requirements for achieving level 6 in literacy and numeracy
• Was completely autonomous in creating the programs of study
• Developed teaching programs for the new SATs grammar test
Key Stage 2 Teacher
Hannah More Primary School
Taught a Y3 class with a high percentage of various SEN including EAL and children with SEN statement. I worked closely with specialist teaching assistants creating individual programs to meet the needs of the children.
• Honed strong behaviour management techniques
• Applied previous EFL and ESOL teaching technique
Taught a year 2 class for whole class teaching. Phonics teaching was split across 3 classes and streamed accordingly. Writing and monitoring IEPs for 7 children with SEN. Planning in accordance with a creative curriculum. I developed an action plan for science after Key Stage 2 SATs analysis.
• Embracing challenge of new key stage
• Collaborative planning with colleagues to facilitate learning
Taught year 3/4 for seven years. Used AFL as tool for planning and addressing individual needs. From 2009, APP for numeracy and literacy has been used for assessment. Prior to 2009 I used a variety of formative and summative assessment tools such as: optional QCA test papers and teacher assessment. Level 1 swimming training developed confidence when teaching swimming. I was science subject leader; responsible for monitoring and feedback, training and disseminating new initiatives to staff. Reporting to governors was part of my role. From 2007 until 20012 I held the role of International Subject leader and facilitated international links through a teacher exchange programme.
• Secured Full International Schools Award
• Achieved postgraduate certificate in professional learning
• Highly creative approach to teaching and learning
• Global dimension embedded in school's curriculum
• Excellent feedback from parents about teaching approach
• Good results
• Designing imaginative cross curricular topic 'webs'
• Organised successful and exciting science weeks
• Created school garden
• Helped develop community cohesion
• Children excited and motivated in their learning
• Ran art and hockey clubs
• Managing support staff well
Sep 2004 to Sep 2005
Taught a year 5/6 class for whole class teaching and streamed groups for literacy and maths. I was responsible for teaching large year 5 groups during SAT's revision; designing innovative and exciting cross curricular topics. Science subject leader; developing a creative approach to science teaching and learning.
• Good results for literacy
• 'Good' and 'very good' OFSTED observations
• Developed whole school creative science teaching
• Ran art club
Part Time Lecturer
Filton College Bristol
Sep 2003 to Sep 2004
I taught ESOL to adult learners. The client base was made up primarily of Somali and Iranian asylum seekers. I was responsible for developing a curriculum tailored for very specific needs. I had to organise and source resources in the new outreach centre.
• Tailored individual learning programs
• Showed essential flexibility
Hays, Select, Teaching Personnel Bristol, Bath
Sep 2003 to Jul 2004
I was employed a supply teacher in and around the Bristol / Bath area. I taught across the primary range. Adaptability and a quick thinking approach was essential for the role.
• Working in challenging schools
• Creative lessons
• Developed strong behaviour management techniques
Key Stage 2 Teacher
Wansdyke Primary School Bristol
Sep 2001 to Sep 2003
I taught a year 5 class responsible for planning/assessment and teaching/learning. I was Music subject leader responsible for monitoring teaching and learning, writing action plans and managing resources. I worked in collaboration with music consultants on enrichment projects.
• Organised whole school musical shows
• Resourced and ran themed days for history topics
EFL teacher and co-ordinator
Jul 1995 to Sep 2003
I was responsible for both organising and teaching the teaching programs on the summer courses which ran yearly. I was responsible for managing the teaching staff. Last post as an Assistant Course director as well as teacher. The number of children ranged from 30 to 100 and I had to create unique and dynamic programs of study. My role included co-ordinating the different courses magazine.
• A high percentage of returning pupils
Mathus Language Academy Surathani, Thailand
Mar 1997 to Jun 1998
Teaching EFL to children and adults. Promoting the school though flagship teaching in state schools and through the media.
• Highly resourceful
• Liaising with International educators
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY
Recruit Education Leeds
Aug 1998 to Aug 2000
Interviewing and recruiting teachers for supply positions. Liaising with schools, promoting company.
Sep 1995 to Nov 1996
Responsible for running the brasserie in the hotel. Hospitality duties and managing staff.
Black Bull Hotel Haworth, West Yorkshire
Jul 1992 to Sep 1993
Hospitality and hotel management. Responsible for business in absence of managers.
• Awarded Whitbread Inns Gold Badge
Bath Spa Universtity
PGC in professional learning.
• Assignment completed on work based practice (merit)
Bath Spa University
PGCE with QTS Bath
2006 - 2007
Oct 2000 to Jul 2001
Leeds Metropolital University
CELTA pass Leeds
Nov 1996 to Dec 1996
Bsc (hons) Biological Sciences (2i) Leicester
Sep 1989 to Sep 1992
• First Class Dissertation (research published)
16+ A levels Keighley
Sep 1985 to Sep 1989
16+: Art, biology, chemistry, English language, English Literature, French, geography, maths, physics
A levels: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature
• Member of Bristol Samba Band
• Flute and piano playing
• Silversmith work
• Scuba diving
• Bronze survival swimming badge
• Reiki master
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|