I think the relationship between the teacher and pupil is significant. I have always created strong bonds with my pupils as I want my pupils to feel comfortable to tell me if they have any problems with their learning etc. I think having that mutual respect for each other provides the time and discussion to learn.
Through this, I have an understanding of the pupil’s abilities, interests and personality traits helping me create individual learning that aids them and helps them succeed!
I have worked in the education sector for almost five years. Not only have I experience as a full time class teacher, but I have worked as a 1:1 teaching assistant. This has provided me with the skills and techniques to fully support pupils in their abilities and thoroughly engage them in their learning.
Due to my teaching experience I have created and designed a variety of cross curricular linked curriculums for year groups using the yearly learning objectives. I can cater and assist to specific needs and make the learning enjoyable and fun!
Additionally to receiving a PGCE in primary education from Brunel University, I have received a Bachelors degree in History and sociology, and up to Grade 10 in Speech and Drama. I think it is important for pupils to be aware of both local and global history, and current affairs. Pupils really enjoy discovering and investigating historical information. I find incorporating both history and drama into learning can help with both pupil’s social skills and confidence. I would happily assist in these personal growth areas too. As I know for some pupil’s confidence and socialising can be difficult.
Travel costs will need to be considered - an additional £5.00 on top of the tutoring fee.
Your appointments and well-being are very important to me. I understand that sometimes, unexpected delays can occur, making schedule adjustments. If you need to cancel your appointment, we respectfully request at least 24 hours notice.
Any cancellation or reschedule made less than 24 hours before will result in a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will equal to 50% of the lesson cost.
Inquisitive learner. Competent teacher. Passionate educator.
Colvestone Primary School
Primary School Teacher, June 2017 – December 2019
• Due to setting high standards for my pupils, my classes were the highest performing during assessments across the school and federation.
• By building strong relationships, promoting emotional understanding and mindfulness amongst pupils, I have been able to manage extremely challenging behaviour and assist them in taking ownership of their own learning.
• As my school became federated, I created cross-curricular medium term plans, weekly plans and resources for my class and two other classes.
• I was involved in organising and assisting with extra-curricular activities and community building events.
• I acted as Assistant Year Group lead – I lead year group meetings, recorded minutes, and assisted teachers with planning.
Laurel Lane Primary School
PGCE Student Teacher, January 2017 – June 2017
Grange Primary School
PGCE Student Teacher, October 2016 – December 2016
St Joseph’s Primary School, Finglas, Dublin
Supply Teacher and S.N.A
February 2016 – March 2016
S.N.A roles include:
- I worked independently with a pupil with a severe disability.
- I adapted the teacher’s planning to cater to the pupils needs.
- I implemented daily interventions and kept record of the pupils progress.
Brunel University 2016-2017
PGCE IN Primary Education (5-11 years)
University College Dublin 2012 – 2016
Joint Bachelor Degree in History and Sociology
Miriam and I worked together as a primary school teacher. Miriam has great subject knowledge and is able to teach high quality lessons in accordance to the National Curriculum. She is able to tailor lessons to meet the needs of the learner and she is able to captivate and keep learners engaged. Her adaptability, patience and passion shines through her in her teaching.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking spelling lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|