With a long term and professional experience of teaching/ tutoring, I am aware that every child is individualistic and therefore the criteria of teaching is adapted to benefit them. On the whole, my method for a new student for a new term is to pre- teach them school curriculum so they are able to excel and simply understand the same lessons in school. This allows student's to always be advancing in school and personal development which leads to high achievement.
All student's are welcomed and are engaged in my lessons, I promote questions that the pupil has. as it is vital they ask these questions so we can move forward and allow them to understand ideas which they did not understand in their school environment.
I am currently a PGCE student teaching at a local school in Coventry with an already acquired BSc in Biomedical Sciences. I have a strong knowledge of what the national curriculum requires and how to get student's though their exams.
I have 4 years of tutoring experience enabling me to offer Biology, Chemistry and physics and GCSE and A level.
37 Poultney Road, Coventry CV6 1JD
Phone: (concealed information)0
Email: (concealed information)
Education and Qualifications
At present PGCE at The University of Warwick
2014 - 2017 Biomedical Science BSc at The University of Hull
Attained degree classification: 2.1 (Secondary class with honours)
September 2007 – June 2014Coundon Court School and Community College
Attained GCSEs: graded with Mathematics (A), Science (A), English (B)
7 others A-B Grades
Attained A-levels: Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
AS Level: Psychology
President Kennedy school
• I teach science classes for mixed abilities and age groups from year 7 to A level
• Pre plan and organize schemes of works and lesson plans for classes
• Carry out practical's and demonstrations
• Enforce and log school policy and discipline whilst ensuring good welfare of all students
British Council: Generation UK India (11 th July- 10th September 2016)
• I lived in Delhi for 2 months where I taught English, math’s and science to a diverse range of year groups
• Organised, pre-planned and executed engaging lessons related to a foreign syllabus
• Promoted the UK for academia and career opportunities
• Immerse and engaged myself in the population to live efficiently and effectively
Hull Royal Infirmary Hospital (15 th June- 14 th August 2015)
• I spent 3 weeks each in blood sciences, microbiology, histopathology and 2 days in virology where I was educated on the fundamental and more complex duties of a Biomedical Scientist.
• I spent time with many analyzers' such as the BioPlex 2200 which tests for autoimmune diseases such as coeliac disease by the recognition of immunoglobulins
• Engaged in quality control and calibration and learnt the westgard rules and Levey-Jennings control
• I carried out embedding and sectioning of small tissue samples. In immunocytochemistry I successfully carried out Hematoxylin and Eosin, Period Acid Schiff and Diastase Stains
Team Leader at HOME Fundraising (7th June - 8th August 2014)
• Promoted to team leader within 8 weeks due to my robust work ethic
• Managed a team of 6-8 colleagues and was responsible for their health and safety furthermore I aided them with any issues that occurred such as a lack of motivation or presentation skills
• Constantly influenced each member which allowed my team to exceed by an average of 75%
• Attended weekly team leader meetings
• I would pre plan the day’s course of action to maximize efficiency when moving between sites
Positions of Responsibility
Vice President of Hull University Hindu Society
• Have aligned objectives with the president and assist at every point needed
• Preside over tasks when the president is absent
• Gather feedback from students and promote to resolve any issues mentioned in weekly meetings
Captain and Co-founder of Hull university Women's Cricket Club
• Took the initiative to provide a cricket club for myself and others
• Was a part of the launch for the first ever Women's Cricket club at Hull University in history
• Captained the club for 2 consecutive years
• I conducted weekly training sessions for a group of 10-15 girls
• Organised match fixtures
Events Co-ordinator for Hull University Hindu Society
• Organised and promoted social, and cultural events
• Organised A Diwali dinner and dance event where over 250 people from the local community attended
• Secured a sponsorship from a local restaurant of £400 per term
Extra-curricular activities and Achievements
2013 Gold Crest Award
• Independently conducted a project in my summer holiday
• In 9 weeks I produced a full report on 'Testing for Antimicrobial Activity from Selectively Combined African Tree Barks'
2012 National Citizen Service award
• Received recognition by Rt Hon David Cameron Prime Minister
• Actively campaigned for the prevention of social stereotypes
• Fundraised for a local fire station, raising £1115
Skills and Other Interests
Languages Native English speaker, fluent in Hindi and Punjabi
References available on request.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|