I think it is important that each lesson is designed around a clear and relevant target. When you split up an overall aim into smaller goals, progress becomes easier to achieve and to measure. English can be such a creative and thought-provoking subject: that's why I always encourage my students to think for themselves. I want them to develop their skills, not just memorise information.
I graduated from Oxford University in 2019 with a first-class degree in English Language and Literature, having already obtained A* grades in the subject at GCSE and A-Level. I have been a tutor for almost four years, during which I taught over 150 hours of lessons. I have experience teaching in person and online, one-to-one and in small groups. My students have ranged from KS2 to sixth form. I also have experience with international students. I have worked as an academic tutor for IntoUniversity, Belmore Education, and Hilltop Academy. I have prepared students for public examinations, as well as for 11+ and 13+ school entrance.
- Eton College (2011 – 2016)
- IGCSE / GCSE: 11 at A* grade (2014)
- AS Level: Maths A (2015)
- A Level / Pre-U: English A*, French A*, History A* (2016)
- Runner-up for the Newcastle Prize for Philosophy, Theology and Ethics
- Winner of the Richards Essay Prize for English (2016).
- Runner-up for the Junior Keats-Shelley Award, an independent and
national competition for essays on Romanticism (2016).
- Corpus Christi College, Oxford University: BA in English Language and
Literature (2016 – 2019)
- Preliminary Examinations: Distinction, Gibbs Prize for placing in the top
5% of the year (2017)
- Final Honour School: First-class degree, Gibbs Prize for placing 6th in a
year of 233 (2019)
Work in education:
- During sixth form I was part of a team of six, formed from students from my own school and a neighbouring comprehensive school, which made
presentations to British Airways and The Institute of Education as part a two year research project into education (2015-2016).
- I volunteered as a academic tutor at Into University, a charity which works in disadvantaged school districts to help students aspiring to go to university
- Intern at United Partnerships in Kampala: I was enrolled in United’s two-month course in the design and running of social start-ups. Concurrently, I helped to create the curriculum, and the monitory and evaluation framework for Faces Up
Uganda, a charity which uses the creative arts as a mentoring tool (2018).
- Academic tutor and social media content provider for Belmore Education, an organisation which manages the transition of international students into UK schools and universities (2017-present).
- Academic tutor at a summer school, Hilltop Academy (2018-present).
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, critical thinking lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|