I have been tutoring Mathematics and the Sciences for the past two years, working with students from the ages of 11 to 16 with varying goals, including;
• Long-term teaching to nurture a deeper understanding of concepts included in the National Curriculum.
• Preparation for examinations including GCSE (Edexcel, AQA, OCR), Edexcel IGCSE, Common Entrance (ISEB) and entrance to prestigious schools such as Eton.
• Preparation for scholarship examinations that require students to understand and achieve beyond expectations of the National Curriculum.
• Improving learning techniques including note-taking, organisation, time management, learning from your own mistakes and revision.
Through my own experiences working towards high academic achievement and 500+ hours of tutoring experience, I have become proficient at explaining complex concepts in a variety of ways, making them accessible to all students.
Drawing on an extensive range of resources, I offer tailored tuition working towards varying goals. I monitor and assess performance, developing and implementing specific and comprehensive lesson plans to accommodate the student’s skill level and appropriately challenge and engage the student.
My tutoring sessions follow the format of a school class lesson, with learning objectives established at the start and reflected upon at the end. I frequently give homework to solidify concepts learned in class and teach students to learn from their mistakes. This also allows me to keep a careful eye on their progress and give accurate reports to parents/carers.
Hi, I am Frederick!
In June 2018 I graduated from Imperial College London with a 1st Class Honours in Engineering and am currently working as a tutor. I have had 2 years experience tutoring whilst studying, teaching Maths and Science, helping students at all levels up to GCSE.
A comfortable, open and professional relationship is very important to me, and something that I believe ensures the learning process for my tutees. I believe in keeping both the mind and body healthy through practicing meditation and mindfulness, having a healthy diet, exercise and engaging in a varied range of hobbies including; fashion design, dancing, cooking, reading and socialising.
October 2016 – Present Math, Physics and Chemistry Tutor
- I have tutored Aidan for the past year on nurturing a deeper understanding of Mathematical concepts in preparation for the Kings Scholarship exam at Eton.
- I am currently Ollie’s Math tutor; improving his understanding, problem solving skills, work layout and helping with homework queries.
- I have helped Bella improve on areas of weakness identified during her end of year 9 exams in order to strengthen her foundations. With ambitions to achieve Grade 9 (A*) she is learning quickly, and I expect her to move up to a higher set soon.
- In addition to helping Gabriel understand complex concepts, I have helped motivate Gabriel to be active in his own learning, be more organized and work effectively. Progress tests carried out in school led to a marked improvement in his grades, from a C to an A.
- Alia is a SEN student diagnosed with ADHD. Ensuring that lessons were creative, interactive and engaging ensured that Alia exceeded expectations and achieved a B in her final Math exam, and a C in her Physics exam.
- Noah had missed out on 6 months of year 11, and only had a month left until his exam. I tutored him intensely for this month and helped him to achieve an A in his final Math exam.
2014 – 2018: Imperial College London, Civil Engineering (MEng) –1st Class Honours
2009 - 2014: Steyning Grammar School, A-Levels – Further Mathematics (A*), Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), Chemistry (A*)
2012 - 2014: GCSEs – Results overview (7 A*’s, 5 A’s)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|