I give lessons to students across all age ranges within Maths, Physics and Chemistry. In the initial sessions, I work through the basics of the subject to ensure that the student has a good grounding in the basic concepts. From there, I build-up on the fundamental knowledge to ensure the student understands the topic and is not reliant on rote learning. I then ensure that this knowledge is not lost, through regular questions covering a range of topics. Finally, I use an extensive question bank to ensure the student is fully prepared for their exam.
I have been a Maths and Physics Tutor for 6 years, teaching a range of levels from pre GCSE through to Masters level students. I have extensive experience of working with secondary school and Foundation level students through delivering widening participation programs and as a STEM tutor at the University of Glasgow. I have a proven track record with students, with the aim to ensure all students exceed their initial target goals and I have been particularly successful with those students looking to go onto further education.
Highers and below: £20
Advanced Higher / Foundation £25
Degree level and above: £30
University College London, UK
MSci in Astrophysics: 2.1 Sep 2012 – Jun 2016
• 4th Year Project: Modelling Synchrotron Cooling in Relativistic Jets. 71%
• 3rd Year Group Project: A Planar Coil Sensor for Automated Threat Detection in a Security Application. 88%
• Awarded Best Group Presentation.
Kaplan International, Liverpool, UK
Maths and Physics Tutor Sep 2019 – Sep 202
• Delivered lectures and seminars to international Foundation students (A Level equivalent) in Maths and Physics.
• Developed and delivered training on new teaching software to tutors across the college.
• Transitioned to online teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic, with a 95% progression rate.
• Updated and maintained module VLE pages, marked assessments and ensured student records are kept updated.
Kaplan International, Glasgow, UK
Learning Support Tutor / Sessional Tutor Sep 2018 – Sep 2019
• Deliver lectures and seminars to international Foundation and Pre-Masters students in Maths, Physics,
Engineering, Programming and Study Skills to ensure they reach university standard.
• Supervisor to 13 masters standard research projects in a range of technical areas.
• Responsible for the welfare and progress of 12 Pre-Masters students as a Learning Support Tutor.
• Update and maintain module VLE pages, mark assessments and ensure student records are kept up to date.
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Widening Participation Tutor Nov 2017 – Sep 2019
• Deliver outreach (Top Up and Reach/Access) programmes within schools across Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
• Prepared and led workshops in developing academic skills and providing information on higher education.
• Responsible for leading groups of students through Campus Days/Weeks and assessed seminar sessions.
Private Tutor, Glasgow/London, UK
Academic Subjects, Proofreader and Latex Tutor Oct 2014 – Present
• Deliver one-to-one tutoring at GCSE, A level and Foundation level across a range of scientific subjects.
• Proofread and gave essay advice on a range of Masters standard thesis and essays.
• Subjects included Mathematical Biology, Psychology, Theoretical Physics and Accounting and Finance.
• Provided LATEX lessons to Master students including templates and ongoing support during their thesis writeup.
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Demonstrator Jan 2017 – Mar 2019
• Demonstrator for 2nd year Astronomy labs, Pre University Summer Schools and for outreach events.
• Taught experimental techniques and how to critically analyse experiments along with solving student problems.
• Marked, graded and provided detailed feedback on lab records and formal reports.
• Received positive feedback from public groups from providing tours and demonstrations of the observatory.
Royal Society of Edinburgh, Glasgow, UK
Masterclass Class Leader Nov 2017 – May 2018
• Led a Masterclass to over 30 secondary school students in ’How to be an Astrophysicist’.
• Formulated and delivered various activities throughout the day, receiving positive feedback from students.
• Organized a team of helpers to meet health and safety requirements and maximize the participants enjoyment.
Tutor Doctor, Glasgow, UK
Private Tutor Nov 2017 – May 2018
• Delivered one-to-one tutoring in National 5 Mathematics and Chemistry and Higher Engineering Science.
• Focused lessons on student weakpoints and worked on breaking down topics to be easily digestible.
• Provided ongoing email support and regularly communicated with parents on the students progress.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£18||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£15||£150|