My aim as a tutor is to help my students form a thorough understanding and self-confidence in answering exam questions in addition to being able to attempt unfamiliar problems.
By focusing on past paper and exam style questions, I am able to help prepare and perfect the students understanding and ability. Firstly, I begin by finding the areas the student is comfortable with and slowly build into more complicated areas as this confidence builds. Understanding of topics is determined and checked regularly with tests and quizzes, whilst introducing new content regularly.
I believe that the best tutors build a strong relationship with their students and I do so by focusing on the following three points:
• Personalized Learning
• Teaching to the Student's Strengths
• Minimizing the Student's Weaknesses
I am a third-year undergraduate Chemical Engineering student at the University of Bath that has been tutoring Maths, Physics and Chemistry up to GCSE level for two years.
I regularly organise and structure 1:1 meetings with students, teaching and building upon fundamental concepts in these subjects.
I gain satisfaction in seeing my students achieve their full potential and so far, I have helped all of my students exceed their predicted grades.
University of Bath 2018 – 2023
MEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering – Predicted 1st
Sixth Form 2016 – 2018
– A Levels: Mathematics (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A)
School 2011 – 2016
– GCSEs: 5 A*s, 5 As including Maths (A*), Sciences (A*), English (A)
Research Assistant, Polytechnique Montréal, CAN | 3rd Year Research Project
Jan 2020 – Present
– Three month Research Project on Stretchable, Self-healable and Printable Hydrogel for Biomedical Applications
Self-ran Business, UK | Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Tutor
May 2018 – Present
– Organised and structured 1:1 meetings with private clients
– Taught fundamental concepts in Maths, Physics and Chemistry to GCSE students – helped all students exceed their predicted grades
School | Chemistry Prefect
Sep 2017 – Jun 2018
– Organised and led Chemistry Club at School, tutoring students across all year groups
– Presented to classrooms of approx. 30 people to help grow the subject by circa 5% and promoted the subject at open days
School | Chemistry Royal Society Analytical Competition Mar 2017 – Apr 2017
– Competed in large inter-school competition, solving complex and thought-provoking Chemistry problems within a team
School | UKMT Mathematics Circle
– Selected to represent the school at this mathematically demanding two-day event
Perfect! Explained everything very clearly
Perfect! Very understanding and helpful!
William’s lessons are engaging and clear. He has a natural talent for explaining tricky topics and my confidence with Maths has definitely improved since he starting teaching me. Thanks Will! ️
William tutored me for my Physics and Maths GCSE’s. He is excellent at explaining concepts and really encouraged me to ask questions throughout. He built up my understanding by giving me varying questions from different sources. He’s friendly, relaxed and easy to communicate with, therefore I would highly recommend him!
Great Tutor, keeps things interesting and exiting!
William is an excellent tutor and I highly recommend him. He is professional and very knowledgeable and has delivered great support to my son for his GCSE Maths exam. I am confident in the short time he has had with Will that his grade will improve as he is much more motivated to build on his weaker areas. I wish I had started earlier with his tutoring!
Will is brilliant! He really explained things to my daughter who was struggling with Chemistry and Maths. He made learning exciting and interesting for her and had lots of patience. He helped my daughter to bridge the gap at school. Very pleased I found him!
Will has tutored my son for the past 4 months in preparation for his Maths GCSE and it has become one of his best subjects. He is an extremely reliable and knowledgeable tutor, and I would highly recommend!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|