Very experienced in personalised learning, I ensure that my students are actively engaged in their lessons to achieve clearly set objectives. I can quickly establish a good rapport with my students and I ensure that they gain in confidence in their learning. I am very patient and supportive and ensure that students are always clear about the lesson objectives and about their progress towards achieving them. My lessons are planned to ensure real progress, which is reviewed regularly. This ensures a high level of motivation to improve. Focused on developing their confidence and the level of their skills in English, I ensure that my students find their lessons with me very rewarding and enjoyable.
I have been teaching for several years and many of my students have achieved better Grades than those predicted for them. I started tutoring English 1-2-1 in September 2017 for 8 hours a week at a good school near Fareham. Before teaching in Secondary Education I successfully prepared many adult overseas students for their Cambridge First and Advanced Certificates in EFL at Richard Language School in Bournemouth and then at Bournemouth University. I have also taught Business English and ESOL.
Cancellations: 48 hours notice required for cancellation.
PROFILE An experienced English Teacher, awarded OFSTED Grade 1, I now work as a GCSE English Tutor preparing Year 11 students at a school near Fareham for their Exams. Very patient and supportive, I quickly established a good rapport with each of my students and gained their trust. Focused on developing their confidence and level of independence in their learning, I ensure that my students find their lessons rewarding and enjoyable. With their sound understanding of the texts and poems and of how to analyse effectively the writers’ use of language, my students are preparing to do well in their GCSE English exams.
PGCE; experienced English and EFL Teacher; OFSTED Grade 1; English GCSE/ESOL Tutor.
22.06 – to date English Tutor at Brookfield School Winchmore Tutors
13.02 – 26.05 English Teacher KS3 and KS4 fixed term The Portsmouth Academy
02.05 –10.02.17 Supply Teacher Supply Desk
03.03 – 22.04 English Tutor 8 week contract Skills Training UK
04.01 – 22.01.16 English Teacher Charter Academy Portsmouth Supply Desk
Aug - 31.12.15 English Tutor Learndirect
Feb-July2015 Supply Teacher/English Teacher Simply Supply
Oct - Jan 2015 Supply Teacher Long term
at Cowes Enterprise College Supply Desk
June-Oct 2014 Supply Teacher/Private Tutor Supply Desk
Dec-May 2014 Lecturer Functional English fixed term agency JJ Fox Sparsholt College
Sept-Dec 2014 Supply Teacher/PrivateTutor Supply Desk
Feb-Sept 2013 Lecturer Functional Skills fixed term agency JJ fox Chichester College
• Prepared new Army Recruits for Assessment at Levels 1 and 2 in Functional Skills
• Enabled each of them to develop English and maths skills for operational use
• Produced English materials for team resources
Oct - Dec 2012 Lecturer Functional English fixed term JJ Fox Fareham College
• Prepared learners aged 17-19 years for Assessment at Levels 1 and 2 in Functional English
• Enabled each of them to develop sound literacy and communication skills for work and for life
• Produced materials for team resources
July ’09 - Sept 2012 Education and Employment Coordinator Mencap
Key Achievement: Enabled people with a learning disability/difficulties in local area to gain full-time jobs
• Developed the Scheme of Work for intensive 13-week pre-vocational training course
• Delivered the training programme 3 times a year in Fareham
• Worked closely with Mencap team to identify suitable jobs and to ensure in-work support
Jan - July 2009 Lecturer Skills for Life and Work 6 month contract Highbury College
Key Achievements: Ensured high level of student retention (NEETs)
Enabled all who completed to gain the Edexcel Diploma in Work Skills
June 2004-Dec 2008 Education and Employment Coordinator Mencap
Key Achievement: Enabled 28 people with learning disability/difficulties to gain full-time work
• Created the Scheme of Work for ‘Advance to Work’, a 13-week training course preparing people with a learning disability or difficulties who wanted to work, for full-time employment
• Created good demand for the training in the local area
• Delivered the training programme in Portsmouth 3 times a year
• Supervised two Job Trainers providing one-to-one learning support
• Liaised with Mencap colleagues to identify well-matched jobs and to ensure in-work support
I had to stop teaching in early 2003 due to severe spinal condition. Successful op. in April 2004
1996-2003 Teacher of French and Spanish Dorset County Council
Sturminster Newton High School and The Purbeck School
• Taught French and Spanish at Key Stages 3 and 4
• Prepared students for French GCSE exam
• Year 9 Tutor
1995-1996 Trainee Teacher PGCE French/English Exeter University
1991- 1995 Lecturer in Applied Languages Bournemouth University
1985-1991 English Teacher Richard Language College
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Southampton University PG.Dip. in Translation. 2000-01
Exeter University PGCE French/English 1995-96
L’Université de Provence France Licence ès Lettres = BA(Hons) French 1978-81
L’Institut aux Etrangers Lyon, France Diploma in FrenchLanguage/Culture 1976-77
INTERESTS Sailing RYA Coastal Skipper Photography (concealed information)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||Not available|