I have a PGCE and an education based Masters with Distinction. I mostly teach children aged 4-11 and adults.
As a teacher, I take time to understand learner needs. Then I adapt my lessons, resources and content to meet their needs. When required, I use set lesson frameworks and wherever possible I bring learning objectives to live using real life scenarios.
I have been teaching and facilitating one to one, small groups and large classes for six years. I was a full time primary school teacher for two years during that time and have been observed teaching numerous 'outstanding' lessons. My pupils and students have reported enjoying their learning experiences with me and we have seen them progress in ability, confidence and awareness.
- ‘Outstanding’ Primary School Teacher and Teach First Ambassador
- Founding Director of award winning continuing professional development charity for character education and wellbeing, Mindful Music.
- Transformational Leadership MA graduate with published work in the European Contemporary Education Leadership Journal (Jagiellonian University).
- Action Learning Set Facilitator and Arts Workshop Leader.
MINDFUL MUSIC (LONDON), FOUNDING DIRECTOR: PART TIME
May 2015- present
- Established and developed a charity with an active board of trustees to improve wellbeing for staff and learners in the English education system.
MUSIC AND GENERAL PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER: FREELANCE/CASUAL STAFF
January 2018- present
- Teaching across a range of schools for Wandsworth Music Service, Every Child a Musician (Newham) and Vision Supply Agency.
TEACH FIRST (MEDWAY), YEAR 4 CLASS TEACHER
July 2013-July 2015
- Taught the Primary Curriculum for KS1 and KS2.
- Achieving an ‘outstanding’ rating in my training year.
- In my NQT year, Ofsted observed 'good progress in my books over time', 'pupils enjoying challenge' and a 'positive experience for the children'.
- Involved in the development and implementation of innovative new curricula.
- Received funding from the Teach First Innovation Series to pilot a project to teach children self-control for greater wellbeing, Mindful Music.
2014-2016 part-time CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY (TEACH FIRST) – TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP MASTERS OF ARTS - DISTINCTION
2013-2014 CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY (TEACH FIRST) – PGCE
2007-2010 DURHAM UNIVERSITY – MUSIC BA (HONS) 2.1
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|