Standard Membership -
- Up to 2 tuition sessions per week.
- Mapped to the National Curriculum.
- A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs.
- Parent feedback at the end of every session.
- Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress.
- No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Regular specialist maths and English workshops in school holidays.
As well as the basic Numeracy and Literacy Curriculum, Explore Learning also offers specialised courses that focus on specific areas of learning.
Eleven Plus / Entrance Exam Preparation: This course is designed to support and tutor children in Year 5 preparing for the Eleven Plus exams or entrance exams, up to a year in advance of the exam.
Our Creative Writing course is designed to nurture confident writers to have the skills to harness their imagination and create a piece of writing they can feel proud of.
Succeed in Secondary School Course:
Our Succeed in Secondary School course is designed for children in Year 6 and up and focuses on supporting children through the sometimes tricky transition between primary school and secondary school.
These courses are subject to an additional charge.
- Ages and Levels Covered
For children of all levels and abilities, aged between 4 and 14 years.
- Opening Times
Our centre is open 7 days a week. Members do not book sessions in advance, and can attend on any day, and at any time during our opening hours. Tuition sessions are approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
Below is an example of a centre's typical opening hours:
Term Time Opening Hours
Monday 15:00 - 20:00
Tuesday 15:00 - 20:00
Wednesday 15:00 - 20:00
Thursday 15:00 - 19:00
Friday 15:00 - 20:00
Saturday 10:00 - 18:00
Sunday 11:00 - 17:00
Holiday Opening Hours
Monday 10:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 12:00 - 20:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 18:00
Thursday 12:00 - 19:00
Friday 10:00 - 18:00
Saturday 10:00 - 18:00
Sunday 10:00 - 16:00
- Tuition Fees
Please contact the Explore Learning centre for more information regarding tuition fees. If you are eligible for Childcare Vouchers, Working Tax Credit or Income Support, you may be able to save money on your Explore membership. Please speak to one of our tutors to discuss these options.
- Special Offers
Free Trial Session
The process of getting to know your child starts from the very first time we meet you at your free trial session. This is an opportunity for us to discuss your child's requirements in depth, and for you to see the tuition centre in action.
Over the past 15 years, we have helped over 175,000 children aged four to 14 achieve their potential. We get to know every child as an individual, giving them the space to unlock their imagination and discover the magic of learning.
Our goal - to build confident, fearless learners who are hungry for knowledge.
• Private tuition centre operator of the Year at the Education Investor Awards 2016, 2015, and 2014. A Times top 100 company to work for 2013, 2014 and 2015. Mumsnet Family Friendly Innovation award 2014.
• A recent study by the University of Reading found that "Explore Learning tuition is beneficial to both boys and girls, of all abilities, across all age ranges in the study, living in all socio-economic areas".
• All staff hold an Enhanced CRB/DBS
Explore really helps me at school because I get better and better and maths and reading!
The extra work out of school hours has really boosted their confidence with their work. They have also 'explored' different ways of learning! The tutors are friendly, helpful and not only to the kids!
Explore Learning helps me to learn better at school. [My favourite thing to do] is maths because it is fun.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|