I am happy to help with students at all stages wishing to pursue fashion; whether that be creating a portfolio for a university application, university coursework or applying for a fashion design job. I teach mostly online when regarding design skills, but am based in London and more than happy to teach in person evenings and weekends too.
I love to ignite the potential from each design student and find that unique spark that will help you stand out. I have 5+ years work experience for both start-up and large global brands, and very open to share my fashion contacts and advice.
In May 2018 I graduated with a BA hons in Design (1st) from The University of Edinburgh, with an exchange to the Amsterdam Institute of Fashion.
Whilst completing my studies in Amsterdam I joined the ethical luxury brand OSIER as an accessories designer, and since assisted with marketing strategies, international sales, and sustainability events; bringing OSIER from a two-man team to an award-winning brand retailing in global markets.
Throughout my education and work experience I have confidently developed in research, CAD, prototyping; including programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Lectra Modaris, and Sketch Up. Through my studies we focused heavily on hand illustrations, design style, creating a fluid and unique aesthetic, creative pattern cutting and tailoring sills. As well as developing a diverse portfolio both physical and digital, I also hand-crafted a 6-outfit collection which was showcased at Graduate Fashion Week London. My collection was focused on ethical and sustainable design.
I am flexible for the lesson duration, for a portfolio consultation you may need only 1 hour, to work on your portfolio I would suggest 3-4 hours, and for sewing lessons (making a dress, shirt, trousers, jeans...) I would suggest around 5-8 hours to complete them within the day! :)
Please let me know if you'd like to cancel as early as you can, 24 hours before is the minimum cancellation :)
• British School in Tokyo, Shibuya, Japan
• SCEGGS Redlands, Sydney, Australia
• The University of Edinburgh
International Baccalaureate Diploma 39 Points
- (Higher Level) Business & Management (6),
Biology (6) and Visual Arts (7)
- (Standard Level) English Literature (5), Spanish initio (7), Mathematical studies (7)
- Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay (1) and CAS (Creativity, Action, Service).
- Digital Media Design MSc The university of
- First class Fashion BA(Hons) The university of
Edinburgh & Edinburgh award 2018
-Amsterdam fashion institute (exchange)
- Photoshop, Indesign, after effects, sketch and Illustrator (adobe)
- Microsoft Word, Excel
& PowerPoint on Macintosh & Windows
- Lectra Modaris 3D design
- Graphic design & UX design
- Pattern cutting, drafting, prototyping, design
- Professional proficiency Spanish and Japanese
- Organisation and time management, class
representative for Fashion (second & third year)
- CodeFirstGirls advanced python (2019)
- CodeFirstGirls python Competition winner(2019)
- CodeFirstGirls Beginner (2019)
-Luxury fashion and sustainability (2019)
(business & management)
-Vivienne Westwood ethical & Sustainable award YYK accessories award (shortlist) (2018)
-Boohoo Social Media award finalist at GFW (2018)
-Edinburgh award UoE (2018)
- Michael Kors Accessories finalist (2016)
- Mackintosh OUTERWEAR design finalist (2016)
- Top achievers HSC & IB Redlands school (2013)
- Art, Spanish and Mathematics IB Award (2013)
Graduate Tailor Lot1 Levi Strauss & Co. (Oct 18 – Date)
- Balancing the perfect combination of denim weight, properties, ageing, and details to suit individual clients.
- Design, cut and sew finished made-to-order garments retailing at £500+
- I research and present current and future sustainable strategies to our team as well as developing practical tailoring skills
HEAD OF DESIGN at OSIER The Label (Jun 17 – May 19)
- Vegan luxury market accessories brand
- Designing the full range of women’s accessories
- Sketch, technical drawings, market research, trend reports, website content, digital merchandising
- Overseeing factory manufacturing Bucharest, Romania
- Marketing, styling, social media and mailing outlets.
Code First Girls Ambassador (Feb-July 19)
-During our beginner and advanced python courses i managed socials, meet-ups, and began developing an additional London community for girls proactively entering into tech
Internship at Bourgeois Boheme (Jun-Aug 16)
- Vegan footwear brand based in London,
- Managed back-end website content and stock controls, directed creative vision of photoshoots
- Gained a wide breadth of business experience
Bilingual tutoring for Spanish and English (Edinburgh, 2017)
- Tutoring Spanish, Mathematics and English at Redlands Junior School (Sydney 2011-2014)
Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show committee 2015 and 2016
-Front of house organisation and backstage
administration, coordinating hair and make-up, dressings and rehearsals.
- Teamwork and stress management with tight deadlines
Perfect! Fiona was a lovely teacher, so helpful and I will use her again for sure.
Perfect! Fiona is such a supportive and caring tutor. From the gecko of our conversation, she sent me useful resources and examples for me to use for my growing business. And during our tutoring session we went over all the questions that was puzzling me for a long time and steps on how to grow as a fashion designer. I would highly recommend Fiona. :)
We had a great lesson! Hazel is very motivated and enthusiastic, it was a pleasure to meet her. And I wish her all the best on her exciting journey! :)
Perfect! Fiona really knows the ins and outs of fashion well, she is an amazing tutor she really explains everything so well an amazing tutor I can't wait for our next class!
Lovely! We had a great lesson, lots of experimentation and learning. Very kind and welcoming! :)
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking embroidery lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£40|