I base my classes on the student and every course is put together with this in mind. The basis and grounding of your "why" is set in place. Why do you want to develop a fashion collection? What is it you want to convey and express to others? What do you want others to understand about what you are going to design? With this in mind each course will be set up around the following topics:
1.FASHION DESIGN PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT
* Creating your design aesthetic
* Sketchbook creation & development
* Fashion techniques ( material/textile development)
* Fabric Sourcing
* Market assessment
* Developing a fashion collection
2.TEXTILE DESIGN PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT
* Creating your design aesthetic
* Print techniques
* Sketchbook Development
* Market assessment
* Developing patterns for fashion
3. TECHNIQUES IN PHOTOSHOP
* From handpaint/ drawing to scanning
* How to create seamless patterns in repeat
* CAD designs for fashion shapes
I am a Fashion and Textile Designer and have been working in the fashion industry for 22 years now.
My teaching experience has been with AS level Design students , teaching textile design based core projects, the previous 3 months.
I love working and inspiring others to achieve their goals and aspirations in fashion design. I empower others to realize their own context and help create their aesthetics for what they want to convey in the world of fashion and design. You will then be ready to apply for degree courses, job roles in the industry or have a collection ready to produce for your own brand.
A self motivated, creative and highly accomplished Freelance Printed Textile Designer and Creative Director with inspired vision, communication and client handling skills gained from a career spanning over 18 years within the fashion industry for both UK High Street Retailers and US based labels. Cross Atlantic experience of researching fashion trends and facilitating design projects creating textile artworks; ambitious and highly focused individual capable of increasing sales whilst attaining a commercial design ethos.
A strong creative visionary; proficient in developing and motivating designers to achieve innovative design concepts; a successful track record of formulating trends and concepts for the application of new styling and colour for textiles to high specification standards for the UK’s leading high street retailers.
Vast capability of working in ever changing circumstances effectively managing a variety of tasks whilst being tolerant and respective of varying production schedules operating under pressure, performing efficiently always with regard to client’s expectations and high standards.
A confident communicator able to work alongside professionals from a myriad of backgrounds; now looking to acquire new clients and expand existing portfolio applying excellent creative design and development skills in order to achieve, excel and evolve in the challenging fashion industry.
Core Competencies & Expertise:
• Printed Textile Design for UK & International Fashion Markets
• Creative & Inspired
• Adaptable to Demanding Environments
• Trend Research Design & Product Development
• Effective Client & Designer Liaison
• Marketing & Sales Strategies
• Fashion Design; Shapes • Trend Concepts Analysis & Forecasting
• Team Leadership & Mentoring
• Print & Production Techniques
• Effective Persuasive Communicator
• Entrepreneurial & Innovative Vision
• Managing several projects simultaneously
• Competitor Analysis
• Project Management
No Name Design Ltd, Founder/Creative Director, March 2008-present
No Name Design is a Textile Design Studio established and created to specialise in generating textile design artworks, selling design concepts in the form of printed textiles to the International Fashion and Home markets;
• Delivering a full range of integrated brand consulting, creative and design services to help our clients create, build, and revitalize their brands.
• Sourcing freelance designers to assist with creating printed artworks for clients managing up to 6 designers at any period; supervising and inspiring the creative team of partners researching fashion trends and facilitating multiple design projects.
• Leading creative sessions for project initiations; managing multiple briefs from concept through completion.
• Development of high-level concepts for design projects; working with clients, pitching designs, managing design resources understanding and interpreting client needs.
• Partnering effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address client challenges.
• Organising and attending trade shows effectively networking with prime contacts within the industry to maintain presence and promote the Studio name.
• Developing marketing and sales strategies for new business; scheduling and attending sales visits with buyers.
• Key account management developing strong, profitable and sustainable trading relationships with suppliers and customers.
• Day to day liaison with International Buying Agents in Asia and The USA
• Sourcing and negotiating the studio’s digital printing requirements. Providing quality control over concepts and projects.
• Management of financial accounts and administration for the business
• Establishing rapports and fostering long term relationships with clients gaining trust, confidence and therefore resulting in repeat business and recommendations.
Key Achievements: Developed an 80% international trade with overseas buyers/markets.
FREELANCE DESIGN ASSIGNMENTS:
Capacity UK Ltd, London, (2-3 days per week), August 2005-December 2017
High fashion women’s wear supplier for leading stores; Primark, Dorothy Perkins, Pennys and House of Fraser; production base in Turkey;
• Operating as a primary contact for the Dorothy Perkins account maintaining day to day contact with the buyer’s; effectively providing esteemed design expertise co-ordinating a range of on-going projects.
• Sourcing and creating print concepts for textiles; designing printed textiles, placement prints and embroideries.
• Trend forecasting and analysis.
• Developing print re-colouration concepts.
• Designing seasonal separates; jerseywear and casualwear.
• Presenting seasonal trends and finalised design ranges to clients.
Palm Studios, London April 2005-January 2006
• Sourcing, developing and designing printed textiles for an Agency with a client base in the UK and U.S.A.
NXTR Clothing Ltd, London, August 2004-October 2005
High fashion Women’s/Teen Wear supplier with production bases in China and India supplying leading Independent Retailers and Department Stores including, TK Maxx, Designer Room, The Vestry, Nova, B-Girl, and AWear (Ireland);
• Designing printed textiles and clothing ranges.
• Developing initial trend research concepts and competitor analysis.
J. Stimler Ltd, London, Designer/Colourist, August 2004-August 2005
An established textile (print and woven) manufacturer/merchant converters, supplying High Street Retailers and garment manufacturers namely Dorothy Perkins and Wallis with production bases in the UK and China;
• Analysing trend research; formulating trends and concepts for the application of new styling and colour for textiles.
• Designing printed and woven textiles; re-colouring and developing new stripes and checks.
Westview Studios, Lincolnshire, May-July 2004
• The design and development of printed textiles for a Textile Agency with a client base in the U.S.A.
Trendstop, London, December 2003-February 2004
• A global online trend prediction agency; performed a key role in fashion forecasting/research and formulating innovative design concepts.
Blue Corp. LTD, New York February-June 2003
• A “cutting edge” Teen casualwear U.S.A based label; assignment delivered formulating trend analysis through competitor research, designing printed textiles and clothing ranges.
Thumbprint Ltd Trend Research & Design; Teen Wear 2002-2003
Sevencell Ltd & Studio 1, London Men’s & Womenswear Design/Trend Forecasting 2002
Hugo Hogs & Brocade Int. London Design & Product Development Assignments 2001-2002
Coolhunt.net, Los Angeles New Design & Trend Concepts 2001-2002
Temping Assignments, London Reception/Administration 2000
Ronly Marketing Ltd Assistant Manager; Design/Product Development 1999-2000
Next Retail Buyers Administrator 1997-1999
Cherry Fashions Freelance Designer/Pattern Cutter 1996-1997
Professional Training & Qualifications:
• De Montfort University, Leicester, BA (Hons) Fashion Textiles (2:2) 1993-1996
• Core Modules: Womenswear, Kidswear, Design, Advanced Pattern Cutting, Garment Construction, CAD, Business Studies and Marketing
• Camberwell College of Arts, London, BTEC (Design) Woven and Printed Textiles, 1990-1992
IT Skills: Conversant with Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop and Fashion Studio.
Professional references available upon request
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, fabric printing lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|