My teaching method is based entirely on which learning strategies work best for you, personally. I will look to any learning aims and objective you wish to achieve- whether that be homework, examination requirements, or general improvement, and will devise lesson plans using methods tailored to you and your work!
I am a final year law student, and have attained 100% UMS in English Literature at GCSE, AS and A-Level.
I am 20 years old and have experience tutoring those struggling with English reading, writing, and comprehension skills. During my A-Levels, I was a literary aide which involved working with lower school students struggling in their English lessons.
Having been a GoCamp Volunteer, I am well-accustomed to using online tools in order to achieve learning goals! Within this volunteer scheme, I worked with children aged 11-15 and English was their second language.
I am a Thomson Reuters Representative for Newcastle University and I lead online seminars for those undertaking research at any stage in their Law degree.
Cherisay Jade Juillet
Date of Birth: 07/01/2000 Email: (concealed information)
Mobile Number: (concealed information)0 Home Landline: (concealed information)
As a determined, conscientious and well-organised student with high aspirations, achieving the best results is extremely important. I have a desire to constantly improve and gain a better understanding so that the final product is of the highest quality. I view every experience as a positive experience because there is always an opportunity to improve on or gain new skills and learn valuable lessons in the process.
Newcastle University (Law) September 2018-present
St Mary’s Catholic School September 2012- May 2018
Second Year 2:1 67.5
First Year 2:1 63.2
English Literature A*
EPQ “What significant challenges must be overcome by women pursuing a legal career?” A*
Legal Work Experience
• 11 March 2017 – 15 March 2017 Shadowing Francis FitzGibbon QC Trinity Chambers, Newcastle Crown Court
• 22 July 2019- 26 July 2019 Judge Marshalling for His Honour Judge Bindloss at Newcastle Crown Court
• November 2017- Present Terrace Bar, St James’ Football Stadium- I am accustomed to working in a busy and high-pressure environment. Teamwork is crucial in ensuring the efficient operation of the bar.
• August 2019- Present Spanish City, I am trusted to oversee the main bar in the Function Room, and using my initiative is important in completing a task to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Bright Network Intern July-August 2020
• Linklaters Commercial Law Virtual Experience Program Participant 2020
Harvard Law School Course “Bioethics: The Law, Medicine, and Ethics of Reproductive technologies and Genetics” 2020
• Member of Newcastle University Oxfam Society 2018-2019
• Member of Newcastle University Debate Society 2018-2019
• Semi-finalist of Newcastle Law School Mooting 2018-2019
• Westlaw and LexisNexis certified
• British Physics Olympiad (BPhO) 2015-2017:
Silver award at GCSE
Gold award at AS-Level
Merit (Silver) at A-Level
• Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses, Newcastle University 2014
• Oxford University ‘On Studying English’ Lecture Session at Lincoln College, Oxford 2017
• Treasurer for Eldon Law Society 2019-Present
• GoCamp Volunteer July 2020- August 2020 I am also DBS certified
• Classical Ballet, 2006-2015
Up to Grade 6, Distinction, Awarded 13 credits, European Qualifications Framework Level 4. Certificate: Royal Academy of Dance
• Part of School Choir, 2012-2018
• School Musicals, 2013-2015
• Assisted in Assemblies, Masses, Liturgies, Open Evenings, 2012-2018
• School Gym Instructor, 2016-2017
• Literary Aid for a lower school student, 2016-2017
• National Citizen Service (NCS) 5th July 2016- 30th July 2016- Involved the completion of a Social Action Project.
• Acted as a client for the first year client interviewing assessment, January 2020
Interests and Activities
• Volunteered to aid my local MP in local elections by setting up campaign stalls, helping to organise campaign speeches and rallies, and door-to-door posting leaflets and speaking to residents.
• I regularly attend public lectures hosted at Newcastle University, 2016-present
• Part of an informal running group in Whitley Bay
• I have taken part in charity runs such as International Women’s Day Park run and the 5k Race for Life
• Actively engaged in a variety of informative webinars during national lockdown due to COVID-19
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|