I will deliver lessons to every level up-to undergraduate, I have in the past given advice to final year and MSc Psychology students in uses of SPSS and Hypothesis testing. My teaching method is that I will always asses the needs of the student first, and tailor a teaching plan that will best facilitate their academic development.
I'm in my final year of BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Finance. I progressed to Mathematics after successful completion of a Foundation Year in Mathematics, Physics, Further Mathematics and Engineering with an overall grade of 75%. My key focuses at university is Statistics, Data Analysis and Financial Mathematics. I have a very deep and thorough understanding of many topics in Mathematics and their applications in Physics and Finance.
During my time at School, and University I have undertaken many courses in Mental Health and Learning disability awareness. I have experience in working particularly with people with Autism and Dyspraxia. I have also have experience in helping and mentoring people with Depression, and Anxiety related disorders. I am an active member of MIND and I have helped with campaigns for Positively Autistic in the past and I sat on the University Of Plymouth's Disabled Students Forum.
Education and Qualifications:
BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Finance — Plymouth University September 2015 to Present
Foundation Year Modules:
• Mathematical Methods 1
• Mathematical Methods 2
• Applied Mathematics
• Physics 1
• Physics 2
1st Year Modules:
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Calculus and Analysis
• Linear Algebra with Complex Numbers
• Probability and Applications
• Numerical and Computational Methods
• Principles of Banking and Insurance
2nd Year Modules:
• Statistical Inference and Regression
• Advanced Calculus
• Financial Institutions and Markets
• Mathematical Methods and Applications
• Ordinary Differential Equations
• Operational Research and Monte Carlo Methods
3rd Year Modules:
• Data Modelling
• Investment Management
• Medical Statistics
• Mathematical Finance in Context
• Financial Statistics
• Optimization Networks and Graphs
Dissertation Research Area:
In my final year I am writing a dissertation entitled ”Sensitivity of Portfolios to the Forecasting of Expected Returns.”
In this project I will build and backtest mean-variance portfolios based on Swiss financial benchmarks and will use find
forecasted returns based on financial time series modelling.
GCE — Hele’s School, Plymouth, September 2011 to May 2014
• Chemistry (C)
• Mathematics (D)
• Physics (D)
GCSE — Hele’s School, Plymouth, September 2009 to May 2011
• 7 GCSEs A*-C including English, Mathematics, Science and German.
Extra Curricular Activities
• Hele’s School Combined Cadet Force – I left the cadets with the rank of Cadet Colour Sargent and over the six years
in which I was a cadet I would lead sections of up to 100 cadets at a time. I was tasked with delivering lessons,
in weapon handling, field craft, first aid, and other military skills. I also held a duty of care over all cadets and
offered pastoral and practical support when cadets were away on camps and weekend exercises
• I am also a member of the Plymouth University Mathematical Society, and the Disabled Students forum
• Fully competent in use of Microsoft office software
• Advanced knowledge of R and Matlab programming languages and a basic knowledge of Python and C++
• Confident user of Minitab, Excel and other statistical software.
• Familiar with Windows and other operating systems such as OSx and Linux.
• Confident user of L ATEX to write report papers, articles and presentations
• Advanced knowledge of Calculus and a deep understanding of its applications in Applied Mathematics
• Knowledge of a vast array of statistical techniques, in both the Frequentest and Bayesian framework and how to
implement such models in various computer programmes
• Full understanding of the use of Time Series Modelling techniques and their applications in finance, and how to
implement these models in R
• Use of Computational Methods in problem solving and understanding of the applications of Graph Theory and
Optimization Theory in Operational Research, using software such as Matlab and Simulink
• Able to present my findings and research in a professional and effective manner. This includes both spoken presentations and written reports
• Full understanding of Financial Markets, Institutions and Investment Management - These skills are developed
from my modules which I undertook with the Plymouth Business School which brought a solid backbone to my
studies in Mathematical Finance
• Teaching and Mentoring skills - this has been developed through my work as a private tutor
• Goal focused and a great motivator of both myself and my team
• Working proficiency in German with a strong desire to improve this and learn more languages
• Business Solutions Advisor — Currys PC World, Plymouth December 2017 to Present
• Sales Team Leader — Currys PC World, Plymouth September 2015 to December 2017
• Sales Assistant — Currys PC World, Plymouth October 2014 to September 2015
Membership of Professional Bodies
• Royal Statistical Society
• Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|