I base my teaching on the style of learning deemed most effective by the learner; visual, auditory, tactile, problem-solving, amongst various others.
An effective lesson structure example:
1) define learning objectives, based on what needs to be learnt and what the student deems as areas of weakness
2) tailor the lesson content to the learning objectives
3) tailor specific lesson activities to the subject taught (anatomy can understood using very different methods to Chemistry theory, for example!)
4) check back on the learning objectives and ascertain whether they are met
5) summarise the learning and ultimately provide a crib sheet of relevant information
6) revisit any of the content needing further explanation
I am a medical student, studying my final year of medicine, becoming a doctor in 2021. I have A levels in Biology, Chemistry, PE and Maths (3 A* and 1 A) and have taught A level Chemistry in the past.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|