My approach toward teaching maths is to first browse the topics the student is currently covering at school and identify any particular areas they may be struggling with. Once we've identified these potential problem areas, we can then work through them by using examples to solve them together to build confidence so the student feels able to tackle these problems individually.
I am entering my 4th and final year of studying Psychology at Sussex University, after just getting back from studying in Hong Kong for a year. Whilst in Hong Kong, I tutored several children English and Maths. I feel confident in tutoring children up to the age of 12 in Maths. During my school years I was most confident in my maths abilities and achieved an A at GCSE. Whilst studying Psychology I've maintained my maths abilities through the frequent use of statistics. I have also completed a Level 2 NCFE childcare course.
Clinical Trials Administrator, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London, 2014 - 2017
• Whilst working at The Royal Marsden oncology specialist hospital, during my university holidays, I adapted well to frequently working within different teams of staff
• As well as working as part of a team I managed my independent workload and prioritised in order to meet strict deadlines, whilst ensuring my work was precise
• I worked closely with the biological specimen manager to process all samples and efficiently organise their posting to various other medical institutions
Childcare Provider 2012 - 2017
• For several years, I have worked as a reliable childcare provider looking after children from the ages of 1 to 12
• I developed valuable skills such as patience, clear communication and organisation whilst assisting them with homework, meal preparation and school pick ups
Waitress, Ruby T’s Diner, Melbourne, 2015
• I developed multi-tasking skills during my waitressing post by efficiently working between front of house, serving and food preparation
• I provided a high standard of customer service in a fast-paced environment
Sales Representative, VicSolar, Melbourne, 2015
• Achieved highest number of sales within my sales team on my first day
• Engaged well with customers during door-to-door sales pitch
Classroom Assistant, Thames Ditton After-School Club, Surrey, 2014
• I worked as a reliable and patient voluntary assistant at the after-school club, which regularly proved to be very hectic environment
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£17||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||£80||£95||Not available|
|10 hours||£150||£180||Not available|