I am able to give lessons to all levels.
For students studying Strength and Conditioning or Sports Coaching, I can provide personal tutoring on specific subjects as well as aid with research skills and writing. Alongside this, I can help you develop your work to achieve higher grades.
For those not working towards a specific qualification, but who are looking to gain gym-based experience or improve athletically I can help develop a strong training programme, specifically tailored to your goals.
I am a Strength and Conditioning (BSc) student, graduating in 2019, after which I intend to study a MSc in Sports Research.
I have been strength training and playing rugby for over 6 years, with great success in both areas, which has allowed me to trial new training techniques and find out what really works.
Check out my Instagram account: mpt_strength_and_conditioning
I am a confident and outgoing final year Strength and Conditioning student with years of experience in leadership roles. I am currently searching for all relevant to help pursue my postgraduate goals in both employment and education (MSc in Sports Research). Having experience in both Sport Coaching and Strength and Conditioning, I understand both the qualitative and quantitative sides of training. Alongside this, my experience in these areas have built-up strong communicative and interpersonal skills. I have a strong interest in nutrition and Strength and Conditioning, believing that the right understanding of the two will lead me to success in my ultimate career goal of becoming a top-level Strength and Conditioning coach.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc Strength and Conditioning | University of Winchester | Sept 2017 – present
Modules including: Sport and Exercise Biomechanics; Sport and Exercise Physiology; Strength and Conditioning; Training Methodology; and Research Methods.
BSc Sports Coaching | University of Winchester | Sept 2016 – Jul 2017
Modules including: Introduction to Research Methods; Introduction to the Science of Coaching; Foundations of Sports Coaching; and Foundations of Sports Development.
Level 4 HNC in Sport, Health and Fitness | Basingstoke College of Technology | Sept 2015 – Jul 2016
Higher National Certificate Level 4 in Sport, Health and Fitness – Distinction Grade with modules including: Training and Fitness, Nutrition, Coaching and Anatomy and Physiology (Level 5).
A-Level Qualifications | St Bartholomew’s School | Sept 2013 – Jul 2015
Qualifications in English Language, Film Studies and Media Studies.
GCSE Qualifications | St Bartholomew’s School | Sept 2011 – Jul 2013
Achieved B in English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science.
Sports Coordinator | GetBusy Art and Active Holiday Club | May 2018 to Present
• Planning and coordinating large group sessions.
• 1-on-1 coaching with higher-achieving attendees.
• Keen ability to communicate with varying audiences – parents, children, staff.
• Safeguarding children.
Delivery Team | Next | Mar 2018 to Nov 2018
• Process store deliveries within target timeframe.
• Coordinate stock room tasks as part of a team.
• Operate heavy machinery.
Supervisor | Wilds Sports | Mar 2015 to Mar 2018
• Overseeing staff.
• Key holder and cashing up responsibilities.
• In-depth understanding of specialised and sports specific issues.
• Running of sports club’s shops and stalls at events.
Sales Assistant | Sports Direct | Feb 2013 to Mar 2015
• Basic sales assistant duties.
• Detailed product knowledge.
• Flexible and short-notice work cover.
VOLUNTEERING & WORK EXPERIENCE
Sports Programming with Social Media Presence | Jan 2018 to Present
• Creating bespoke training programmes to increase sports performance, ranging from short-term to long-term plans.
• Leading conditioning sessions with athletes.
• Safeguarding in a gym environment.
• Social media and self-marketing skills from Instagram presence.
Football Coach | Various Basingstoke and Newbury Schools | Dec 2015 to Jun 2016
• Planning and coordinating football coaching sessions.
• Developing coaching strategy.
• Risk assessment/safeguarding/health and safety responsibilities.
• Delegating tasks to assistant coaches.
• The First Aid Industry Board Essentials of First Aid Qualification (09/12/2016)
• Sports Coach UK Safeguarding & Protecting Children Qualification (08/12/2016)
personal training lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest fitness lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, muscle strengthening lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|