I strive to create an environment where my students feel they are actively engaged in the learning process, allowing them to gain as much out of our time together. I try to explain things in such a way that matches a student's specific learning style (Visual, Oral, Read/Write, or Kinesthetic (learning by doing)).
Sessions I have found are best when structured, however, I always plan to leave a good amount of time for questions that arise during out time together so as to ensure my students get everything cleared up that they need.
I am a business finance graduate with seven months experience working as a financial analyst valuing small to mid-sized companies (up to 1 billion US dollar valuations). During university I tutored mathematics, business, finance and accounting classes to a variety of students. I worked with students in close proximity for a term at a time, having one-on-one sessions with them each several times a week.
During my practical experience in industry I applied valuable financial and accounting analysis tools, combined with an understanding of general business concepts, in order to conclude on the value of a company's worth.
Texas Tech University, Rawls College of Business - Lubbock, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance Graduated: May 2019
• GPA: 3.66 (Honours)
• Texas Tech University’s Presidential Academic Scholarship (2015 – 2019).
• Lucille and Raymond Pickering Scholarship for Finance (2018 – 2019).
• Participant in the Spring 2019 selective 2.5 million dollar Student Managed Investment Fund at Texas Tech:
- Conducted deadline driven financial and economic analysis and valuations of companies using the Bloomberg Terminal to determine worthy investment stocks.
- Developed attention to detail in analysing key value drivers of prospective companies.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 certified.
• American Society of Appraisers Business Valuation 201 and 202 certified.
Techniques Centre at Texas Tech University - Lubbock, Texas
Tutor (August 2018 – May 2019).
• Tutored university level mathematics, finance, accounting, and business courses to students with learning disabilities.
• Encouraged academic self-sufficiency to students through positive reinforcement.
• Assisted students in improving problem solving skills by complementing their unique learning styles (either Visual, Audio/Oral, Read/Writing or Kinesthetic).
• Aided students in developing time and stress management skills.
• Achieved level 1 of the CRLA (College Reading and learning Association).
BVA Group, LP - Houston, Texas
Financial Analyst (October 2019 – May 2020).
• Experienced in performing asset, income and market-based valuations, supported by relevant market and industry research, business valuation norms and detailed analyses of qualitative and quantitative value drivers.
• Value publicly and privately held companies, partnerships and private equity portfolio investments for purposes including fair-value appraisals, ASC 350 intangible asset impairment testing, ESOP transactions, fairness opinions, transfer planning, purchase price allocations and gift and estate tax planning.
• Communicate with clients to assess business operations, market positioning and forecasted earnings in order to determine reliable forward-looking valuation assumptions.
• Develop complex financial models and valuation reports, focusing on both qualitative and quantitative value drivers, business risks, operating risks and financial positioning in order to derive and conclude on value.
• Work directly with the firm’s Partners and senior level management in developing valuation assumptions and present valuation projects to them before issuing client deliverables.
Syntal Capital Partners, LLC - Midland, Texas
Intern (July 2019 - October 2019)
• Performed industry analyses on the Oil and Gas sector to ascertain growth drivers and the effects of relevant KPI’s.
• Researched relevant data on Smart-Beta portfolio construction regarding Exchange Traded Funds.
Leadership Experience and Skills
President of the Rawls Business Valuation Club at Texas Tech ( January 2019 – May 2019).
Experienced in: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Capital IQ, IBIS World, RMA University, Bloomberg Terminal (Bloomberg Market’s Concepts Certified), Mac OS, Adobe.
Languages: English and working proficiency French.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, economics lessons for all!
Taking finance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|