I am located in East London and am able to communicate in Hindi, Nepalese besides English depending on the needs of the student.
I enjoy teaching students who strive for success and want to learn. I am determined to go that extra mile and share all of my professional and academic experience to help them learn and guide them.
I have been working as a Finance Assistant for the past 3 years and recently graduated from Queen Mary University of London. In regards to tutoring, my students range from undergrad student to GCSE (Maths, Science and English) students.
Please contact me for further information.
My first 30 mins is free. Then it is £20 (includes £5 for travel) for first hour and £15 for additional hours for that day.
MSc Investment and Finance, Queen Mary University of London – Merit (Obtained) 2017- 2018
• Equity Research Analyst for QUMMIF [a student managed Investment Fund at QMUL]
• Researched and prepared reports on: MiFID II, Dodd-Frank Act, CAMELS, ETFs, Bitcoin and others
• Prepared acquisition model and presented the acquisition case
Modules included: Cases in Business Finance, Mergers and acquisitions, Business Finance, Investment management and others
BSc Accounting and Finance, Brunel University, London – 2.1 2011 – 2014
• Dissertation on “Relationship between Savings and Investment (Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle)”
• Treasurer Assistant and Web Officer– BUNS (Brunel University Nepalese Society)
Modules included: Financial Accounting, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Financial markets, and others
[A-levels] Woolwich Polytechnic Sixth Form, London 2009 – 2011
Subjects studied: Maths, Accounting and BTEC Applied Business
ACCA Papers: [ F1, F2, F3. F4, F5, F6 and F7] – Passed 2015 – 2016
Finance Assistant - MoYou Marketing Ltd, London [Feb 2016 – Aug 2017] & [Oct 2018 – Present]
• Acting as a main point of contact between the company and the external accountants / auditors
• Liaising with sales, design, production, marketing, and logistics department to gather information required for bank reconciliation and maintaining the accounting records of the company in Xero (cloud based accounting software)
• Supporting accountants in the preparation of timely & accurate management reports, payroll, quarterly VAT returns, year-end accounts, and audit process
• Supporting the Wholesales team in monitoring aged receivables
• Monitoring aged payable and making payments on due time to suppliers in multiple currencies
• Monitoring company credit cards, debit cards and cash box
• Communicating and responding to financial queries from managers, accountants, auditors, suppliers, wholesale customers, HMRC, employees and others
• Analyzing financial information and preparing reports as required by the management in Excel
• Performing ad hoc administrative duties
Bookkeeper - KBM Chartered Accountants, London [Oct 2015 – Feb 2016]
• Performed general bookkeeping duties using accounting software: SAGE 50 and Xero (cloud accounting software). • Assisted accountants in quarterly VAT returns of client companies.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Team Leader – Appointed as team leader for a group of six in Mergers & Acquisitions module during postgraduate degree. Allocated tasks amongst members in the group, ensured smooth running of the project and that the objectives are met on time
• Finance Assistant - MoYou Marketing Ltd: - Sole point of contact for all financial queries of the business. - Responsible for the overall financial duties of the company (i.e. filing of year-end accounts and making payments of significant amounts in USD, Sterling, and HKD)
OTHER SKILLS AND INTERESTS
PC Skills: Good PC skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot table, Pivot charts, Macros, basic knowledge of VBA), PowerPoint, Office Outlook and Bloomberg
Additional languages: Nepalese (Native) Hindi (Fluent)
• Charity: Performed live music for a charity event to raise funds for Nepal earthquake victims
• Participated in Inter-University Basketball tournament 2012/13 Surrey University
• Mentored Year 11 students for GCSE Maths and conducted English reading classes for Year 8
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£170||£150|