I start from the beginning, with simple theories so that students can understand them easily, and then move on to the complex calculations theories gradually. Finally, I do some past questions so that they can completely absorb that lessons. I help students to develop their critical thinking skills and study skills.
I have Bachelors in Management, completed CIMA first and second levels, and studying Master of Finance at the University of Dundee. I have seven years of working experience as an Accountant in an international company as well. This means I have a heavy background in Accountancy, Finance and Management from my 7 years of study, and knowledge past that of a standard university course.
I have given private tutoring lessons since 2018 in Accountancy for all levels and Mathematics and Science for up to elementary level students.
I am willing to consider a longer journey, with compensation for my travel and time at my standard rate. Also with the level of the student, the above tariffs may change.
Areas of Expertise
In Teaching Experience:
- Giving lessons on Accountancy/Finance related subjects, especially on;
- Management - Accountancy - Finance - Business Studies
- CIMA - Commerce
Managing all the accounting & taxation in the company, also decide the payments and payrolls.
I have the following experience as a Senior Accountant;
- Making tax returns and forms to submit to IRD before the deadline. Such as WHT, VAT, PAYE etc.
- Preparing overseas remittance (salary remittance, supplier payments).
- Created budgets and forecasts for the management group.
- Managed financial departments with responsibility for Budgets, Forecasting, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Handling payment (cash & cheque) matters with suppliers.
- Liaised with bankers, insurers and solicitors regarding financial transactions.
- Handling matters with auditors.
- Coordinating with top managers regarding account matters.
- Monthly bookkeeping, using International Accounting System-IAS (specially designed for Taisei Corporation), Quick Book, MYOB
• Currently I am Studying for MSc in Finance at the University of Dundee 2021/2022. At the University I am a Student Ambassador for the Finance pathway.
• I have been worked in Taisei Corporation which is a Japanese construction company as an Accountant from 2018 to 2022.
• I’ve worked in Taisei Corporation as an Accountant Assistant from 2013 to 2018.
• I have completed B.Sc. Public Management Degree in the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
• Currently I am following the Chartered Institute of Management Accountant course (CIMA).
• Completed Certificate Level & Studying for Professional Level.
• Completed Diploma in Business IT at SIKSIL Institute.
• Completed Microsoft Office course at Infotec Computer System (Pvt) Ltd.
• Completed Computer Literacy course at TEC Srilanka, Nawala.
• I am following the Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA) course. Completed certificate level & following professional level.
• Completed Microsoft Office course at Infotec Computer System (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka.
• Completed Computer Literacy course at Tec Sri Lanka, Nawala.
• Completed Diploma in Business IT at SIKSIL Institute, Sri Lanka. In this diploma, I have done,
- Accountancy -Information & Communication Technology
-Computerize Accountancy -MS Office
-HR Management -Marketing
-Quick book, MYOB software
• I’ve worked in Taisei Corporation which is an international construction company, as an Accountant Assistant from 2013 to 2018. In that, I did bookkeeping, VAT, payments schedule, and all accounting related matters.
• Recently I have been worked as an Accountant in Taisei Corporation from 2018 to 2021. As an Accountant, I negotiated with Bank, did work related with the Department of Inland Revenue, managed all tax-related matters, forecasting cost & all accounting related matters.
• I am studying for MSc in Finance at the University of Dundee in Scotland (2021/2022). From this degree I will complete the following modules;
-Econometrics -Bank Modelling and Performance
-Global Risk Analysis -Research Method
-Risk Management in Banking -Global Financial Markets.
• I have completed B.Sc. Public Management (General) Degree in the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Degree effective date 01.02.2017.
• G.C.E Advance Level – 2010
• G.C.E Ordinary Level – 2007
Social Study Sinhala
ICT Health Science
• Currently I am a Student Ambassador for the financial pathway at the University of Dundee.
• Super Senior Prefect in school – 2010
• Active member in school senior prefect team – 2009
• Secretary in school English Literary Association – 2009
• Secretary in school Commerce Society – 2009
• Active member of Sunday School Prefect Team – 2005-2007
• Certificate at Sri Jayawardanapura Zone Level Award – 1st place in Cursive Writing
• Certificate at Kolonnawa Divisional Level Award – 1st Place in Cursive Writing
• Certificate at Kolonnawa Divisional Level Award – 1st Place in Prepared Speech
• Certificate at School Art Competition – 1st Place
• Certificate at Kolonnawa Divisional Level Award – 3rd Place in Art Competition Personal Details
I, hereby declare that the information provided above is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
K. R. Mapatunage
Perfect! Kalamazoo explained the structure and gave me tips on how to structure my studies.
Marisa is a good student who has a good understanding and proactive.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, economics lessons for all!
Taking commerce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|