Please note that every student is different and this is only a guide to how I teach. My teaching style is highly adaptable for each individuals needs.
My lessons tend to be broken down into 4 sections allowing the student to slowly build their knowledge and understanding of each topic.
1)The first of these sections is THEORY: This is where I describe and explain the key economic concepts of each topic in a more simplistic and easy to understand manner.
2)The second section is APPLICATION: this is where I describe and explain the outcomes and conclusions that can be drawn from the theory in the previous section.
3)The third element of my lessons is EXAMPLES from the real economy. Real world examples are essential for understanding Economics as they tie in theory and application together and are very useful when writing essays in the exam.
4)The fourth and final section of my lessons is exam technique. Exam technique and knowing how to apply what you know and understand is the difference between an A and a B, That is why I believe it is crucial in giving guidance and tuition in how to best prepare for and plan in an exam.
My teaching Philosophy:
I believe it is important to teach students how to think as well as learn. Too much tuition is based of just making students regurgitate from a textbook which is not only inefficient in terms of study hours required but is also useless for the students ambitions towards further study at University level.
Hi there, I'm a young and enthusiastic finance professional working for Ernst and Young in Belfast. I have several years of experience tutoring high school students in Economics which I gained when I was living and studying in Edinburgh. I have helped many students improve their grades and to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of Economic theories and applications. Please see my full C.V for more details.
Problem Solving | Analytical Thinking | Data Analysis | Continuous Improvements | Strategic Planning | Team Leader
Client Relations | P&L | Portfolio Management | Accounting | On-Boarding | Variance Analysis | Report Writing
Education & Professional Development
Candidate: CIMA Chartered Accounting Qualification
Diploma: Management Accounting, The Chartered Institute of
MA (Hons) Economics 2nd Class Upper Division, The University of
A Levels (3 A’s), Our Lady’s & St Patrick’s College
GCSEs (3 A*s & 7A’s), Our Lady’s & St Patrick’s College
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite, Sun Systems, Microsoft Nav, Proactis
Financial Analyst, Ernst & Young LLP Sep 2018-Present
• Introduced significant savings for clients by assessing, analysing and correcting VAT returns accordingly.
• Increased clients’ understanding of their company’s financial performance and performance by curating and processing large amounts of data on ERP and accounting systems into clear and compiled reports for client review.
• Developed an investigative approach to accounting by verifying checks, and performing reconciliations for clients’ P&L and balance sheet statements; highlighting, rectifying and/or escalating identified discrepancies quickly.
• Pivotal role in enhancing clients procure to pay and record to report processes and improving finance functions.
• Cross-functional member of the EY Absolute team specialising in the outsourced delivery of statutory accounts, bookkeeping, payroll and management information packs for small to medium-sized businesses.
• Establish and strengthen client relations by on-boarding clients from Go-To Market in London to Delivery Centre in Belfast, managing clients’ creditor ledgers, maintaining key supplier relations, and producing monthly KPI packs.
• Advise on costs that can be eliminated and/or reduced upon producing of root cause variance analysis reports.
• Produce high quality process documents to allow and facilitate a smooth transition and handover of client work.
Telephone Sales Advisor, Convergys May-Sep 2017
• Surpassed sales target every month and received a bonus of 75% against base salary.
• Consistently achieved excellent customer service and average time per call rating.
• First and main point of contact for new and existing customers on purchasing services and products, with focus on identifying customers’ needs, upselling, cross-selling and conducting negotiations to exceed monthly sales targets.
• 2018-Present: Freelance A Levels Economics Tutor
• 2014-2018: Club Treasurer, Motorsport Society @ The University of Edinburgh
• 2014-2018: Social Secretary, Korfall Society @ The University of Edinburgh
• MA Core Modules: Microeconomics | Macroeconomics | Essentials of Econometrics | Applications of Econometrics
Perfect! Most helpful and professional tutoring from Michael. My son really began to understand material that had been sped through at school. Would definitely recommend for economics AS level and hopefully next year A level. Excellent.
Richard was very professional and polite with regards to arranging Tutoring for his Son Andrew with me. Andrew was a very bright and hard working student who always asked engaging and interesting questions with regards to Economic Theory and Application.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|