I adapt my approach to an individuals needs and strengths to ensure they get the best possible outcome from each lesson.
Each individual will take a different path and this, I am aware of.
I am easy going and like to make each lesson enjoyable as well as informative.
I have worked at banks as well as financial advisers for a number of years. I have developed my communication skills, increased my income streams and have great financial planning and stock market knowledge.
I have also recently taken up online english teaching lessons.
I am a forward thinking, confident and articulate individual with a strong desire to succeed. By developing myself both mentally and professionally, I am now able to adapt quickly to changing environments and smoothly overcome new challenges. Not only this, but I begin every task with the intention of working efficiently, effectively and to a high standard which shows in the end result. By appreciating the thoughts and ideas of others I am able to work collectively, as well as independently. This appreciation allows me to analyse other colleagues approaches and use this to constantly develop my own as well as others.
*Career Break from 1 November to present due to travelling and Covid-19.
Previous work experience
Adviser Support at Pareto Financial Planning (15 December 2018 - 31 October 2019)
In this role, I was part of a strong team of administrators responsible for dealing with the needs of High Net Worth Clients. My responsibilities included, but were not limited to:
• Submitting expectations and tracking business using various platforms and provider websites across the market
• Submission of paper-based applications and checking documentation for accuracy and completeness
• Ensuring client files on Virtual Cabinet are fully compliant with current regulatory and money laundering requirements
• Supporting of Directors in their day to day activities, taking on ad-hoc work as and when required
• Collation and checking of ceding scheme information in a timely fashion
• Updating Intelligent Office with fees, client details, introducers and plan/policy details
• Ensuring we are receiving the agreed ongoing adviser charge for each client, invoicing when required
• Client valuations
Practice Support Executive at McGarvey Jones Financial Planning - (A Partner Practice of St James's Place) (22 March 2016 - 12 December 2018)
My role at McGarvey Jones has varied greatly over time, allowing me to overcome new challenges whilst building on my administrative and technical capabilities. My duties have consisted of the following:
• Using Microsoft excel to keep track of ongoing cases with regard to case progression and expected month of completion
• Use of excel to monitor expected fees and credit to produce 3 month forecasts
• Updating the advisers and support staff on case progression
• Producing client valuations with use of Enable
• Assisting with the over-flow in regard to Illustrations and business processing on Swift
• Processing of confidential financial reviews
• Training other members of staff on valuations & investment critical yield calculations
• Preparation of Meeting Packs
• Booking appointments for advisers using warm leads and taking calls from clients
• Producing suitability letters using Aptus for bond replacements, ISAs and unit trusts
• Production of a spreadsheet which is used for assistance in the production of suitability letters
• Investable wealth, Top-Slicing and Income Tax calculations, Investment critical yield calculations
Income and Tax Administrator at Bank of New York Mellon (7 December 2015 - 21 March 2016)
The team at BNY Mellon were responsible for processing income payments for high net worth clients. Though my time here has been short I have gained in experience and learnt a lot about the Financial Services industry as a whole.
My day to day responsibilities included:
• Actioning income events for shares, bonds and Unit Trusts on the Securities Master Database
• Dealing with audit requests
• Ensuring the appropriate tax code is applied to income payments
• Daily Aged Report
• Merit Report
Admin Assistant at Frenkel Topping Ltd (28 July 2014 - 24 November 2015)
At Frenkel Topping my time was split 50/50 and I worked for the Client Servicing department in the morning and the Personal Injury Trust department in the afternoon.
Working for the Personal Injury Trust department involved:
• Drafting Deed of Settlements and bank applications for clients
• Keeping track of documentation that had been sent out to clients and chasing these up
• Answering client queries and liaising with Metro bank and various solicitors to ensure the effective setting up of a trust account for our clients
• Opening trust bank accounts and arranging for the transferring of funds into them
• Contributing towards procedural improvements when necessary such as the transfer form for our fee which improved efficiency as it saved us having to chase fees and increased our profitability
• Tracked the progress of each case whilst keeping the client and their solicitor informed
• General admin duties such as scanning, drafting invoices, adding new enquiries onto Salesforce and archiving files etc
Working for the Client Servicing department involves:
• Producing end of month valuations for client’s using enable
• Drafting client valuation letters
• Contacting various providers for current valuations
• Training a colleague on how to produce end of month valuations
• Updating a valuation tracker spreadsheet
Loreto College (2012-2014) - A Levels - Psychology (B), Media Studies (B), General Studies (B), Biology (D) AS Levels - Chemistry (D)
St Bede’s College (2007-2012) - GCSE’s - Additional Science (A*), Religious Studies (A*), Mathematics (A), Science (A), French (B), Statistics (B), ICT (B), English Literature (B), English Language (C), German (C)
R01 - Financial Services, Regulations and Ethics (CII)
R02 - Investment Principles and Risk (CII)
R04 - Pensions & Retirement Planning (CII)
R05 - Financial Protection (CII)
Accredited Administrator & Paraplanner (St James’s Place Wealth Management
TEFL Certified (A)
Chris really helped with my natural conversational skills. His tutoring was really simple and not overwhelming. Very helpful and is willing to go that extra mile for anything you might need help with. Highly recommend.
excellent knowledge of the world as a whole and a pleasure to learn from. Will definitely be making this a regular thing.
Very knowledgeable individual with a lot to give back. Have worked with him in the past and have nothing but good reviews to give.
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, professional transition lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|