Every student's style and interests in art are so varied (which is what makes art so wonderful!) and so initially I will get to know the student and their work, to tailor my lessons to their specific requirements.
I offer help in GCSE, A-level, and applications for Art Foundation and BA Fine Art courses. Having been through it all myself, I base my teaching on my own experience of art education, and am passionate in spreading what I have learnt from it with a friendly and patient approach.
Preparation for art school application (Art Foundation and BA Fine Art courses):
- specific knowledge and experience of various art & design courses and universities in the UK
- tailored advice on choosing the best course for the particular student
- portfolio preparation (content selection, format, and presentation)
- interview preparation (eg. gaining confidence in talking about your work - a critical and high-value skill for the course and general life)
- personal statement advice (art school statements vary greatly to the usual UCAS one that you may have been talked through in sixth form)
GCSE, A-Level and IB (incl. Art and Design, Graphic Communication, Photography) lessons:
- sketchbook development, from inspiration to evaluation
- guidance for writing critically about your research and work using technical terms
- presenting your project cohesively
I have experience teaching all exam boards - AQA, Edexcel, OCR, iGCSE, Cambridge International, Eduqas, IB.
I can also help develop your practical art skills. I have experience in:
- painting (oil, acrylic) and drawing (charcoal, graphite)
- printmaking (monoprinting, lino, screen printing, etching)
- life drawing
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Lightroom
- sculpture and installation (plaster casting, assemblage, metalwork, woodwork)
- collage and mixed media
I am a student studying Fine Art at the Slade School of Fine Art, UCL. I studied at Central Saint Martins, gaining a Distinction in my Art Foundation. I also achieved an A* grade in my art GCSE and A-Level exams.
I have also attended multiple short courses at universities such as Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, Arts University Bournemouth, and Royal Drawing School.
Experience and knowledge:
I was offered places at all the BA courses I applied to, as well as for Art Foundation - where I was accepted into all six courses, each with individual personal statements, portfolios, and interviews!
I assisted the running of my school's art club for two years, which was incredibly rewarding. I loved inspiring my younger peers and help them become more confident in their creativity and ideas.
I have also helped my younger brother improve his art projects and technical drawing skills. It was amazing to see the change both in his work and attitude towards art.
I have exhibited and sold my artwork in multiple London galleries. I have also appeared on Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2019 as a semi-finalist, and was a finalist in Holly Bush Emerging Woman Painter Prize 2019 and ARTiculation 2018 (a national public-speaking competition about art). I have also been commissioned to create artwork by Calvin Klein and the Barbican Centre.
EXAMPLES OF SOME CURRENT STUDENTS I’M TUTORING ONLINE:
- One student is working with me again to apply to BA Fashion at CSM, LCF, Kingston, after they were successful in his applications to Art Foundation courses including Central Saint Martins under my tuition. We are working on developing portfolio work, personal statement, and giving more insight into the courses and applications.
- An mature student without any art education (no A level Art) is working to develop their own portfolio for BA Fine Art courses. We review their work constantly using Google Drive and I offer feedback and suggest artists to look at, in order to improve and refine pieces.
- Weekly lessons with GCSE Graphic Communication students and GCSE Art students, who send me progress of their work each week. We work off of my feedback by going through interactive tasks, making sure areas of weakness are addressed to help with grades but also keeping it enjoyable. Both parents and students have commented on how confidence has improved, and my ‘inspirational and friendly’ approach.
- Multiple weekly and twice-weekly lessons with A level Art students, I also am guiding some through Art Foundation applications at the same time. I suggest a variety of artists who suit their interests, teach them on how to write about their artist research, reflect on their own work, and develop further ideas. One parent has found my teaching for their 17 year old daughter that I now their son in Year 7.
- I am also working with a couple of Year 7 students, one of them with homeschooling support in the school curriculum during Covid-19, the second I am teaching digital art and other drawing techniques. Recently we played a game of artistic Pictionary using an online whiteboard, which she really enjoyed.
- Developing a student in Year 9’s confidence with drawing and teaching oil painting from scratch. They love animals and so we incorporate those into the lessons every time! Recently they completed a realistic mixed media drawing of a border collie.
Travel costs depend according to individual’s location.
** Due to the current covid-19 situation I am currently only tutoring online. I have over 200 hours of online tutoring experience. **
Perfect! Annie is an outstanding tutor. She did an excellent job providing support for one of my students applying to foundation year programmes in Art and Design in the UK. Not only did she help him finalize his personal statement and portfolio but also prepared him well for his interviews. I can only highly recommend her!
Perfect! lovely tutor
I have the honour of know Annie both as an artist, and as a friend. She approaches her art and everything else in life with a caring gentleness, so has the ability to be both a gracious and informative tutor. Her art skills, both traditional and conceptual, are mature and diverse, and she is fully dedicated to the things she has committed to. Having Annie as tutor would be a blessing, and I am certain that she could help & lift any budding artist.
Annie is patient and kind to everyone she interacts with. She exudes a very friendly demeanour which makes her very lovable and approachable. With such compassion and dedication in whatever she does, she will create a safe environment for her students to open up, and her conscientiousness and keen eye to detail enables her to provide extremely constructive feedback. Moreover, Annie herself is also a practicing artist. Students and peers are often inspired by the work she makes. I am confident that her students will thrive and develop under her mentorship.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Annabella for tutoring. She is bright, passionate and caring with a positive attitude. She is great with younger children and they love being helped by her.
painting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art and design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art school preparation lessons for all!
Taking sculpture lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£145||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£285||£300|