Every student's style and interests in art are so varied (which is what makes art so wonderful!) and so initially I will get to know the student and their work, to tailor my lessons to their specific requirements.
I offer help in GCSE, A-level, and applications for Art Foundation and BA Fine Art courses. Having been through it all myself, I base my teaching on my own experience of art education, and am passionate in spreading what I have learnt from it with a friendly and patient approach.
Preparation for art school application (Art Foundation and BA Fine Art courses):
- specific knowledge and experience of various art & design courses and universities in the UK
- tailored advice on choosing the best course for the particular student
- portfolio preparation (content selection, format, and presentation)
- interview preparation (eg. gaining confidence in talking about your work - a critical and high-value skill for the course and general life)
- personal statement advice (art school statements vary greatly to the usual UCAS one that you may have been talked through in sixth form)
GCSE & A-Level lessons:
- sketchbook development, from inspiration to evaluation
- guidance for writing critically about your research and work using technical terms
- presenting your project cohesively
I can also help develop your practical art skills. I have experience in:
- painting (oil, acrylic) and drawing (charcoal, graphite)
- printmaking (monoprinting, lino, screen printing, etching)
- life drawing
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Lightroom
- sculpture and installation (plaster casting, assemblage, metalwork, woodwork)
- collage and mixed media
I am a student studying Fine Art at the Slade School of Fine Art, UCL. I studied at Central Saint Martins, gaining a Distinction in my Art Foundation. I also achieved an A* grade in my art GCSE and A-Level exams.
I have also attended multiple short courses at universities such as Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, Arts University Bournemouth, and Royal Drawing School.
Experience and knowledge:
I was offered places at all the BA courses I applied to, as well as for Art Foundation - where I was accepted into all six courses, each with individual personal statements, portfolios, and interviews!
I assisted the running of my school's art club for two years, which was incredibly rewarding. I loved inspiring my younger peers and help them become more confident in their creativity and ideas.
I have also helped my younger brother improve his art projects and technical drawing skills. It was amazing to see the change both in his work and attitude towards art.
I have exhibited and sold my artwork in multiple London galleries. I have also appeared on Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2019 as a semi-finalist, and was a finalist in ARTiculation 2018 (a national public-speaking competition about art).
Travel costs depend according to individual’s location.
** Due to the current covid-19 situation I am currently only tutoring online. **
I would wholeheartedly recommend Annabella for tutoring. She is bright, passionate and caring with a positive attitude. She is great with younger children and they love being helped by her.
painting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art and design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art school preparation lessons for all!
Taking sculpture lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£250|