The lessons will be a balanced mixture of practical demonstrations and theoretical explanations. This will ensure the student understands the techniques used, but is able to perform them.
As a creative learner myself, I believe that lessons should be tailored to the students' learning style. This constitutes an advantage as these one-to-one lessons, in comparison to youtube tutorials, allow students to learn at their own pace, whilst the content matches their individual needs/progress.
I am a producer, rapper, singer-songwriter who has recently graduated in Sound for Media (Music Technology) from London Metropolitan University. I have awarded first class (with Honours) and received a prize for Best Music. Prior to this, I studied Music Technology (Level 3) for a year at Red Tape Central College, completing it with Double Distinction.
I have independently produced music for both myself and other artists for about 5 years and have scored for several short films. Additionally, I have performed various recording techniques as I have recorded instruments such as drums, guitar, and piano to name a few. Vocal recording is also something I have done frequently
2015 to 2018 BSc Music Technology - Sound for Media Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours at London Metropolitan University
This course has provided me with knowledge of the following topics and subject areas: Sound for media, critical and contextual studies, film production, acoustics, applied music technology and creative studio practices. I also received a prize for CCS Commendation – Best Music.
Knowledge of software developed on the course:
⎫ Adobe Premiere Pro
⎫ Logic Pro X
⎫ Adobe Audition
⎫ Final Cut Pro
⎫ Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
2016 to 2017 WAC Arts
• Professional Approach to Singing
• Musical Instruments Level 1
2014 to 2015 BTEC Music Technology Distinction/Distinction Redtape Central
• Djing; Composition; studio Production; Computer Technology for Music; MIDI Sequencing; vital Music Business information; Production Analysis; Sound for media; and Composition.
Software used on the course included:
⎫ Logic 9 and Logic X
⎫ Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Jan 2012 to Mar 2012 NCFE Music Technology – GCSE (A) Redtape Central
- Work Experience
Co-host and founded the Verve radio show CRE-Arts Show (London Metropolitan University Radio station) every Thursdays, (concealed information)
Assistant - Sprat TV (Aug 2017 – May 2018)
● Pitched four promotional videos to a corporation and recorded footage
● Operate cameras, lighting and microphones in live events
● Set up for an interview recording
Freelance Music Producer (Jul 2015 - Present)
● Using programs such as Reason, Ableton Logic and most recently Adobe Audition
● Recording instruments, Composition, Sampling, translating my own and ideas of others into projects, deliver projects within given deadlines
Freelance Songwriter (2008 - Present)
● Writing Raps and Songs in genres such as Hip Hop/RnB/Gospel/Soul/Pop
● Writing to release deadlines
● Structure songs (commercial structure for radio, song length and lyrical content etc.)
Freelance Director/First Assistant Director – Student Project (2017 - Present)
● Controlled the artistic and dramatic aspects of the film to create visual representation of the script
● Lead casting and guide technical crew and actors
● Managed production
Technical Staff – Imperial College London (Feb – Sept 2018)
● Operate cameras and audio mixer, Setup/pack away audio and visual aids for events, Troubleshooting technical issues
Assistant Sound Engineer - Rockstar Studios (Feb - Aug 2014)
● I expanded my knowledge on recording techniques, in addition to learning about both analogue and digital mixing desks and equipment.
● Looking after, the day-to-day running of the studio, which involved liaising with the customers and taking messages for the engineers.
● In charge of balancing the books and making sure the bills were paid accordingly.
Jonathan knows how important it is to have a mix of theory and practical work when learning, so he makes sure there is a good balance between these in his lessons. He also made me feel more confident about singing and showing people my abilities as a music producer!
Logic Pro can be a bit scary to look at, but Jonathan knew how to break it down step by step so it was a lot more understandable to me, when I first used it. He is very accessible and friendly. Definitely recommend his lessons
Jonathan is a really good teacher. The music he produces is really versatile and so it is easier for him to teach according to the student's music preferences.
computer-aided music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music production lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music technology lessons for all!
Taking music recording lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£17|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£85|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£170|