I focus on developing deep understanding with my tutoring. This means that, rather than just memorising facts and figures for an exam, you truly understand the concepts of the material you are learning and will have no difficulty setting your mind to any new problem that is thrown at you.
I am a first class Cambridge engineering graduate who now works as an innovation and strategy consultant in startup technology. I have taught more than 50 students in the past 5 years, at all levels from GCSE to degree. My latest accomplishment was to improve the understanding of maths and engineering of a Product Design graduate with no mathematical background to such an extent that she graduated an Advanced Mechanical Engineering masters with a Merit in just two years - the equivalent of covering over 6 years worth of material in a standard education system.
• First class Cambridge University engineering graduate
• A former Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) with over four years’ experience in startup technology sector, 5 years’ experience in academic research and almost 5 years’ experience in high level private tutoring
• A data analyst with a proven background in mathematics and engineering
• Talented business strategist with sound judgement skills and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Key contributor to a successful £100k Innovate UK grant application in automated digital document analysis
• My ambition is to become a thought-leader combining my parallel interests of academic research and education, sustainability and the natural world and business and marketing strategy
University of Cambridge, Girton College Cambridge, United Kingdom
MEng in Engineering – Energy, Sustainability and the Environment Oct 2010 – June 2014
• Learnt about current and emerging technologies, techniques and policies in sustainable engineering in courses in Sustainable Development, Sustainable Water Engineering
• Designed a novel low-cost solar collector with the potential to outperform diesel generation for use in Sub-Saharan African
BA in Engineering – Mechanical Engineering (Double First)
• Studied courses in Fluid Mechanics, Systems & Control and Advanced Applied Mathematics
Kenilworth School Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Sept 2005 – June 2009
• A-Level Grades – Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Music (A)
• AS-Level Grades – Critical Thinking - A
• GCSE Grades – 8 A & A* grades including Maths, English and three Sciences
Leapian Ltd. – Educational Technology London, United Kingdom
Chief Strategy Officer April – September 2019
• Project managed a six-person team in conducting market and competitor research
• Individually researched latest marketing and business strategy literature and overhauled go to market strategy to better address customer needs
• Co-authored and edited a 200-page book on research methodology and academic writing for the undergraduate and postgraduate market
• Used the new marketing strategy to manage website updates and rewrite promotional material
• Developed a bespoke CRM system and used it to help to manage customer and partner relations
Director of Innovation & Research September 2017 – March 2018
• Co-authored a successful £100k Innovate UK grant application in automated digital document analysis
• Assisted with product design focusing on user experience (UX) design
Innovation Consultant August 2015 – June 2017
• Co-designed an innovative document analysis algorithm that automatically deciphers text
School of Engineering, Warwick University Coventry, United Kingdom
Postgraduate Researcher – Natural Water Treatment Engineering October 2015 – June 2019
• Used skills in project planning to organise lab and field hydraulic data collection culminating in a 2-week field trip to Australia
• Used Matlab and Excel to process the large datasets of time-series hydraulic data collected
• Conducted extensive literature-based research and wrote reports, abstracts and academic paper drafts
Civil Engineering Technician January – June 2015
• Innovated a new testing procedure for analyzing the cyclic loading of concrete samples
WORK EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
Private Tutor Coventry, United Kingdom
Degree and A-level Mathematics, Science and Engineering Tutor October 2014 – Present
• Created an innovative new methodology for doing academic research with tools and strategies
• Provided supervision for Masters theses on renewable mobile phone power and additive manufacturing topological optimisation
• Achievement: Recently assisted an Advanced Mechanical Engineering Masters student, who started off with only AS mathematics, to successfully complete her degree
Go Outdoors Coventry, United Kingdom
Store Assistant November 2014- March 2015
• Commended for excellent level of care in customer service
Cambridge University Engineering Department Cambridge, United Kingdom
Research Assistant August – September 2014
• As an extension of the Cambridge Masters thesis, conducted further research into the viability of using automotive turbochargers for electricity generation with the novel solar collector
DSTL, Fort Halstead Kent, United Kingdom
“Year in Industry” October 2009 – June 2010
• Learnt to use Matlab and Labview to build models and conduct data analysis
• Learnt to drive the 4x4 work van and used it for the completion of field experiments
• Developed skills using R whilst completing the Data Science course by John Hopkins University on Coursera in September 2019
• Qualified as an outdoor first aider in a two-day intensive course in September 2016 as well as completing a trainee mountain leader course in April 2016
• Attained Grade 8 in two classical instruments at age 15
Languages: Beginner Italian
IT skills: Highly competent with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Matlab, R, LaTex and CREO (CAD package)
Drone Pilot: Constructed and piloted a drone to capture footage to supplement field studies at Warwick University
Music: I am a performing clarinettist. I also compose and play piano.
Travel: I love to travel, especially to the Highlands of Scotland, Venice and the Dolomites.
Natural Environment: I am a dedicated naturalist and am passionate about conservation and sustainability. Recently, during a trip to the Scottish Highlands rescued an abandoned young otter in difficulty and helped to organise transporting it over 130 miles to the Otter Sanctuary on Skye.
Cooking: I am an avid cook. I especially enjoy challenges of catering for large groups and often orchestrate the cooking of the family Christmas dinner.
Hillwalking: I am keen hillwalker and have regularly travelled to the Highlands, North Wales and the Peak District to experience the great outdoors.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|