I take a step by step approach guiding the students through exam answers and essay topics. I have expertise in improving written communication and overall exam technique which i find is best bestowed upon students by going through questions and answers together. If it is desired I can provide essay templates, and model answers.
Students will also be tested on their knowledge and understanding of the subject throughout the lessons.
I am a First Class Law graduate from Durham University currently studying for the LPC before commencing my training contract in August. I studied Enlgish, History, Geography and Maths for my A-Levels before deciding to study Law. I am able to help with coursework and examination topics for a wide range of the LLB modules as well as for GCSE and A-Level subjects.
Charlotte Allen - Curriculum Vitae
6 Hannington Road,
Mobile: (concealed information)4
Future trainee solicitor at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP. Outgoing and ambitious with a drive to improve and succeed.
Education and Qualifications
2017 - Present The University of Law : Studying the Legal Practice Course
2014 - 2017 Durham University LLB Law: First Class Honours
First Year: Final grade: 67.8%, 2:1, achieving 5th in the total rankings
Second Year: Final grade: 68.8%, 2:1 achieving 11th in the total rankings and awarded the Three Verulam Buildings Commercial Law Prize
Final Year: 71.3% 1st achieving 12th in the total rankings
2006 - 2013
Beaumont School, St. Albans, Hertfordshire
A Levels: Geography (A*) History (A) English Literature (A)
AS Level: Mathematics (A) French (C)
GCSE’s: 4 A*s : Including History, Geography and Additional Science
6 A’s : Including Mathematics, Science, French, English, English Literature
Additional Qualifications: Level 2 BTEC Performing Arts (Distinction*)
Level 2 National first award in ICT (Merit)
Macfarlanes Vacation Scheme – June 2016
• Partaking in this two week vacation scheme gave me an opportunity to gain a better understanding of a city law firm and a number of their departments, particularly litigation and financial services. I undertook a number of legal tasks, such as proof reading legal documents and preparing notes, as well as attending a number of social events.
Adelphi Legal – March 2016
• Shadowing a solicitor specialising in human rights for a week gave me an opportunity to engage with clients and witness the tailoring of services. I also attended case management conferences in the Royal Courts of Justice which opened my eyes to the high volume of work to be completed for each case.
Merrick Solicitors – March 2016
• I spent a day shadowing a solicitor specialising in family law and attended money laundering training. I found it fascinating to learn about how cautious firms must be in this respect to ensure they do not become associated with such behaviour.
Hogan Lovell’s Durham open day - June 2015
• An insight into life at a city firm and the corporate environment. This event helped to engage and improve my critical thinking skills by putting them into practice in real life scenarios. In addition, I learnt the value of networking and came away feeling motivated and inspired.
23 Essex Street chambers - July 2015
• Shadowed a number of Barristers of differing levels. I gained a clear insight into court proceedings and the structure of legal chambers. My critical thinking and oral skills were challenged when presented with cases and engaging with the relevant clients, subsequently, I improved both skills sets during the duration of he experience. I engaged client meetings and subsequently developed my communication, legal presentation and legal writing skills.
Previous customer service roles
Waitress, Espresso Riviera, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA (Full Time) – Mar-Jun 2014
• Here I worked as a waitress as well as preparing food. I assisted customers by adapting orders to their preferences and utilized my communication skills to create and maintain customer relations as well as provide valuable feedback about the services provided. This helped to further develop my cultural and commercial awareness.
Waitress, Lussmanns Restaurant St. Albans (Full Time) – Sep 2013-Jan 2014
• Working as a waitress and host I attended tables and generally maintained the upkeep of the restaurant. Here I learnt how to remain calm in a fast paced and pressurizing environment. In addition, my customer relations skills were enhanced by resolving customer complaints.
ESA market research (Part time) – Sep 2013-Jan 2014
• As a customer surveys assistant working solely through telephone communication I developed many transferable skills, most notably; the ability to maintain a professional attitude, reach a desired target and communicate clearly.
TK Maxx St. Albans (Weekend Job) – Oct 2011-Jun 2012
• As a customer services assistant I remained on the shop floor at all times to attend to customers, handle unexpected situations and help with the prevention of theft. This aided my development of commercial awareness.
2014 - Present: As an avid member of the Mock Trial Society, in which we simulate court trials, I have engaged with issues such as defamation as well as the court room procedure. Such involvement has resulted in the development of my critical analysis and oral skills. In addition, I am a member of Grey College Netball and Cheerleading. These sports provide an opportunity to improve my team work skills as well as to strive for, and attain, personal goals.
Volunteering and positions of responsibility:
• In my final year of university I captained my college netball team, this involved running training sessions, organising matches/tournaments and arranging team socials. I am now a member of the University of Law netball team.
• During my time at Durham I was also a member of the University Pro Bono society in which I partook in the Amicus program. As an association we aimed to raise awareness of the death penalty and raise funds for the organisation through numerous mediums. Participating has enhanced my organisational skills owing to the need to arrange effective promotional events.
• Prior to attending University, I was the school Dance Captain in my final two years. This role involved teaching younger years and comprising routines for the annual Gym & Dance display
I have a passion for travel and travelled to South East Asia following the completion of my A Levels. I deferred my University placement to travel to Australia where I stayed for seven months, taking up two jobs and working overtime to fund this dream. I have also been fortunate to have had the opportunity spend a month in each India, Indonesia, The Philippines and China. Travelling has enabled me to develop skills such as independence, time management, adaptability, organisation, planning, communication and teamwork. Most notably however, travelling has given me a clear understanding of the value of hard work.
business law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest criminal law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civil law lessons for all!
Taking public law lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|