I am Nicholas. I hold a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Petroleum Engineering with First Class Honours, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. I am currently doing my MSc in Petroleum Engineering at University of Aberdeen.
I provide tutoring service at GCE Advanced and Ordinary levels, as well as Science and Engineering Undergraduate level. I have a great passion for teaching, and like bringing scientific and technical concepts into reality for easy understanding of students. I have been offering this service for the past 6 years from my undergraduate days, and have also worked as a Graduate Assistant at University of Abuja.
Based on my experience as a professional teacher, I understand the differences among students and able to direct my teaching appropriately based on individual abilities and experience. The objectives of my lessons are usually assessed based on the understanding of students on what I teach. Therefore, I assess my students after every topic is completed and provide solutions to those problems. I also ensure that after the syllabus is completed, I give a summative assessment so as to build the confidence of student on the subject. Have no fear, my classes are always fun as you are free to express yourself and ask questions. For further information, do not hesitate to contact me.
Aminaho Efenwengbe Nicholas
I provide tutoring service at GCE Advanced and Ordinary levels, as well as Science and Engineering Undergraduate level. So far, I have taught over 500 students in group learning, and 50 students learning individually. The Ordinary level students secure admission with outstanding grades between C4 - A1, A-level students achieve 9-15 points needed for admission into second year in the university, and so many of the undergraduate students have over 4.0/5.0 on graduation from the university.
EFENWENGBE NICHOLAS AMINAHO
37B Ardarroch Road, Aberdeen, AB24 5QF
Phone Number: +(concealed information) Email Address: (concealed information)
Over six years of teaching; three years of management and administrative experience in marketing, sales, and customer service; and about 2 years of petroleum industry experience.
Jan. 2018 – Jan. 2019 Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
Dec. 2009 – Dec. 2014 Bachelor of Engineering in Petroleum Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria (First Class Honours)
Sept. 2001 – June 2007 Senior School Certificate, Igbanke Grammar School, Edo State, Nigeria
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Oct. 2015-Oct. 2016 Graduate Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Abuja
• Set up displays for lectures or laboratory sections to enable students have practical demonstration of lectures.
• Assisted Department/Faculty in research projects and handled administrative tasks including filing, receipt of mail, record keeping, photocopying, typing, and dealing with enquiries
• Assisted student groups in meeting their academic needs by mentorship
Oct. 2015-Oct. 2016 Teacher, Pioneer Advance Educational Consult Nigeria Limited, Abuja
• Teaching Advanced level Students (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
• Conducting Physics and Chemistry Experiments
• Student mentorship
Jan. 2014-Dec. 2014 Instructor and Computer Programmer, Minareach Integrated Services
• Trained Petroleum and Gas engineering students on Reservoir engineering, Petroleum Economics, Drilling engineering, Production engineering, and Natural Gas engineering
• Trained students on Science and General Engineering courses
• Trained students on Computer Programming Languages including MATLAB, Visual Basic, and software development.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Jan. 2015 – Oct. 2015 Manager, A-Class Academic Consult, Port Harcourt
• Developed project plans, managed project budget and resource allocation to make sure funds are properly channeled for the right purpose
• Monitored the progress of projects and reported to appropriate stakeholders
• Delivered proposals to organizations for training contract
Aug. 2013- Jan. 2014 Industrial Trainee, WEAFRI Well Services Company Limited
• Carried out wireline, coiled tubing, and well stimulation operations in a team to enhance oil recovery
• Bulked chemicals, cement and cement additives to properly formulate slurry for oil well cementing
• Serviced Blowout Preventers (BOPs) and Loose equipment to ensure they can hold adequate pressure during oil and gas operations
• Worked with QHSE department ensuring quality products and services, as well as personnel safety.
Sept. 2013 Trainee, Shell Petroleum Development Company (Shell Summer School)
• Extensive practical training in Petroleum Geology (seismic interpretation, log interpretation, etc.), Reservoir Engineering (well testing, reservoir simulation, reservoir monitoring, etc.), Production Technology, Well Engineering, and Petroleum Economics.
• Certificate in Management, Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) 2017
• Certificate in Corporate Marketing and Salesmanship, Institute of Manpower Development & Management 2016
• Certificate in Human Resources Management, and Customer Relationship Management,
Formazione Business School, Abuja 2016
• Certificate in Project Management, Chartered Institute of Project Management (Chartered) 2016
• Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Fire Prevention Plans, Process Safety
Management, and Process Hazard Analysis from OSHAcademy 2013
• C# Programming and MATLAB Simulation, Integral Computing and Research Centre 2015
• QBasic Programming, Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Nigeria 2012
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, MySQL Database, Networking, Visual Basic, HTML, Dreamweaver, C++, Excel VBA, AUTOCAD, JAVA, ASP.NET, PETREL, MBAL, GAP, PROSPER, SAPHIR, Minareach Integrated Service 2011-2012
• Desktop Publishing and Basic Computer Programming, Bourdigital Computer Training Institute 2009
• Good organizational, documentation and record keeping skills
• Good communication, human relation, and influencing skills
• Good information technology and computer operation skills
• Ability to handle pressure
• Working in a challenging environment and carrying out excellent service
Available on request
Efenwengbe is a fantastic teacher who possess a comprehensive knowledge in sciences especially in Maths. I was once a student of his and i enjoyed his lectures and it benefited me a lot in my academics. I will not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who may require his service(s).
Efenwengbe is well known to me. He is gifted teacher, one who readily accepts responsibilities. He knowledge of the physical sciences and engineering evidenced in his academic excellence speaks volume. He graduated with first class honours in petroleum engineering from the University of Port Harcourt Nigeria. Over the last few years he has positively impacted the live of College and University students in the sciences through his volunteer services as a teacher in my community. I therefore recommend him to whoever would need his services. Thanks
Minapress Research Institute, Port Harcourt Nigeria
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||Not available|