My teaching method is rigorous but also open and warm, it is vital to cultivate an atmosphere that encourages asking questions. I am a firm believer that practice makes perfect and think it is important to patient and to review the topic numerous times if necessary.
I have a first class undergraduate degree in History from the University of Manchester as well as an MSc in Real Estate from the University of Reading. I was previously on a competitive graduate scheme but have decided to go freelance so now have time to tutor. I have previous voluntary classroom assistant experience at primary school level along with helping various family friends over the years.
The University of Reading (2016-2017)
MSc (Hons) Real Estate: Merit
The University of Manchester (2011-2015)
BA (Hons) History: First Class
● Able to evaluate critically the significance of large bodies of material.
● Developed the ability to undertake self-directed learning, and manage my own time to meet sufficient deadlines.
Francis Holland School, London (2009-2011)
● History (A), Philosophy & Ethics (A), History of Art (A).
Lady Margaret School, London (2004-2008)
● (1A*, 3A, 3B, 1C) Including A’s in Mathematics & English.
CBRE, Graduate Scheme, London (Sep 2017 - Oct 2018)
● The majority spent working in the retail valuations team, focusing primarily on shopping centres.
● Has advanced my understanding of the current retail market. For example, through examining recent CVA’s such as New Look’s, and creating retail watchlists for other exposed retailers.
● I am now able to evaluate extensive data and translate this into financial models, factoring in socio-economic risks and opportunities.
● Experience presenting to clients on the shopping centres I am personally responsible for valuing.
● Time spent in the Retail Agency team advising the Landed Estates on London on their retail strategy.
Hel’s Angels, Brand Engagement and Live Events Agency Jan 2014 – Sep 2017)
• Working on an ad hoc basis at a range of events.
• This involved roles such as front of house, working with the guestlist on the door and waitressing.
• Developing my personal skills whilst serving a range of clients in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
BNP Paribas Real Estate, Retail Investment Team, London (May 2016)
● This enabled me to identify the type of investors who acquire retail property.
● Undertook location searches using e-resources such as CoStar and Goad.
● Created a clean and accessible market information database to aid future commercial decisions and deals.
CBRE, Central London Retail Agency, London (Mar – Apr 2016)
● Predominantly working on the landlord advisory side, particularly with Grosvenor.
● Compiling research reports for colleagues. An example of this would be after visiting a site that CBRE were instructed on as lead leasing agents, I put together a report on the current tenant mix commenting on how this could be improved along with a list of potential retailers to approach.
● Attending various client meetings both with landlords and potential tenants. Entrusted with taking retailers and their agents around properties without supervision.
MATCHESFASHION.COM, Ecommerce Department, London (Oct – Feb 2015-16)
● A four-month long internship working in the Ecommerce department as a Customer Relationship Management Executive.
● Extensively developed my IT skills.
● Working across multiple customer databases to ensure clean and marketable data including KPI feedback to stores and training to store managers.
● Ensuring an improved customer experience, retention and satisfaction.
Freddie’s Flowers, London (Sep 2015)
● Promoting the company through door-to-door promotion and sales.
● Thinking on my feet with the aim of capturing their attention in the first few minutes. Such sales experience requires many transferable skills.
CWM, Retail Agency, London (Aug 2014)
● Gained practical experience by showing potential clients around sites, from smaller spaces to bigger units such as those in Battersea Power Station.
● Dealt with telephone enquiries from current and prospective retail clients.
BNP Paribas Real Estate, Marketing Internship, London (Sep - Oct 2012)
● Researched and investigated competitor businesses producing reports on any press they had received.
● Scaled down detailed research reports to digestible two page press releases.
MATCHESFASHION.COM, Sales Consultant, Richmond Store (Feb – May 2013)
● Successful in building long-lasting relationships with customers to ensure repeat business, a skill that is vital in the property industry.
The Sydney Arms, Bar Server, London (May – Sep 2012)
● Responsible for delivering high levels of customer service in a busy pub.
● Working long hours whilst simultaneously keeping customers happy and things running smoothly.
Other Achievements & Interests
● Passionate about volunteering, both at a Sunday café supporting lonely and elderly people and a women’s refuge.
● Voluntary work in 2017 at a primary school in Reading as a classroom assistant. The school was underfunded and the classes were oversized with a range of abilities. This was a challenging but rewarding experience.
● Strong interest in fashion and retail, keeping up to date with retail trade news.
● Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Full Clean Driving Licence.
References are available upon request.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|