- Hourly rate £28
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 23
First in Software engineering, 7years of industry experience, including working for Amazon. Js/React/AWS specialist
- By webcam
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Sofia will be happy to arrange your first Computer programming lesson.
About the lesson
> I am an experienced full stack developer who has led multiple projects for both start ups and large enterprises, as well as a mentor for other developers.
> For advanced coders I teach ReactJS and AWS managed services for infrastructure
> My lessons are fully practical, each session we will either complete a set of exercises or continue building a project. You are free to ask any questions or request changes
> I do 2h sessions once or twice per week
> I have expirience teaching adults as well as young people
> Currently slots for 2 more students
- Computer programming
- Programming languages
- All Levels
Perfect! Sofia is very patient & with her teaching I am beginning to understand the fundamental of JS language :)
- Sofia's response : Lesson with Zoe went great. She was able to complete the task at a good pace, even tho the concepts of git and cli were new to her. She was methodical about learning and kept notes throught the lesson
Perfect! Just did my first session with Sofia, who is clearly very knowledgeable about web development. We dived straight in and the lesson felt productive and went at a good pace for me. Sofia was also able to start at a good level for me, and explain concepts in a way that used my prior knowledge of other programming languages. Looking forward to the next lesson.
- Sofia's response : Tamsin has a strong base of programming concepts already and was able to pick up new JS features very quickly. I really enjoyed the lesson, she is a patient and enthusiastic student and I think she will do great in web dev once she gains more expirience around it.
Perfect! Sofia was great with my 11yo.
- Sofia's response : Lessons are great, Charlie enjoys programming and he is really good at capturing the logic around programming. He is able to understand examples really fast and apply his understanding to new challenges. My only recommendation is to be a bit more patient, I understand the excitement and wanting to move fast, however programming takes practice and time to understand the fundamental concepts. I think he is already making a great effort and looking forwards to seeing how he develops his skills.
Perfect! Sofia is a great tutor, she’s very knowledgeable and easy to talk to . She takes time in explaining to you what the problem is and how to best approach it .
- Sofia's response : Always enjoy my lessons with Estera. She is learning at a very good speed and she is always a polite and helpful student. She enjoys programming and i think she will do great as she gets more practice.
Perfect! Very well organized classes, really enjoyed the content taught by Sofia and its relevance to the industry!
- Sofia's response : Enjoyed my lesson with Luis. He is a very enthusiastic student looking to gain some practical expirience around the industry. I am sure he will do great as he builds up expirience.
Perfect! Such a good teacher.
- Sofia's response : James was very keen to learn React and having already a solid base of coding he was able to pick up concepts really quickly. He also came with a prepares set of questions, which shows geniune interested on the subject!
Perfect! Sofia is an excellent tutor. She has great deal of patience and and some really good ideas. I'm very glad I found her and would highly recommend her for any cloud related issues you are having.
- Sofia's response : Really enjoyed my lesson with Khanh yesterday. He is very keen to learn about cloud technologies and acquire new skills. As a learner he is curious and wants to understand topics with examples and hands on practice. He is able to pick up concepts fast and apply the knowledge appropriately.
Perfect! Sofia was really helpful and patient in helping me set up Github actions and other AWS issues that I've been having. She is patient and thoughtful and I would recommend her highly for anyone needing help with anything coding or cloud related.
- Sofia's response : Had fun teaching today. Mehmet is a very fast learner, who already has a solid knowledge around coding, cloud and infrastructure.
Perfect! Amazing introduction lesson! Really helpful! Highly recommend.
- Sofia's response : Amir was very enthusiastic about coding, he is a fast learner and naturally curious! Very polite and understanding student, any tutor would be happy to work with him.
View more reviews
I've worked with Sofia on a React project and she has exceptional skills and understanding of the technologies involved. Her approach to teaching is very patient and thorough. I can wholeheartedly recommend Sofia to anyone interested in learning Web Development or Programming.
Sofia's ability to share her knowledge with others is exceptional. I was a difficult student to cope with but she dealt with me like a professional. She had so much patience with me and her lessons were always so organized and more interesting from what I was used to. She also adapted her teaching to my own pace. I was barely passing my exams until I met Sofia. Not only I graduated with high grades but she also made me understand Math in a way that no other teacher in school could ever do.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £140
- 10h: £280
Find out more about Sofia
Can you tell us about your first experience using a computer?
This was many year ago but i still remember it very clearly as computers were uncommon back then, we did not have one at home and laptops were not a thing yet. My school managed to get three computers when i was about 10 (it was those massive boxes you don't see anymore) but for us it was crazy technology :') I remember i would make up any excuse to use it in order to do 'homework' and i would just play around trying to figure out what was possible. Eventually, I got myself a notebook at around 14 years old and somehow i ended up learning to code. I still remember one of my first projects was a star wars game, and i had added some weird sound effects but it was very funny. Since then i always enjoyed a good challenge.
Can you tell us about your first experience using a computer?
The technology that i enjoy the most is front end development, as i love the direct feedback i get from my code and it gives me the chance to work on complex business logic as well as the look and feel of the site . I started working with HTML, CSS and JS and when React come out and i started to migrate applications in React. I first really hated it and did not fully understand the point but a few months later, when I understood what was happening behind the scenes and how fast i was able to do the most complex business logic i was really fascinated. Ever since i have been following all the updates on front end, moving to React Hooks, learning Typescript, NextJS and so on. I am always on the look out for new technologies and frameworks, currently i am super interested in NextJS and some of their new updates.
Explain your expertise, your interest in it and, more broadly, its importance in the computer world.
My expertise is in the cloud technologies, more specifically AWS managed services, for which i am professionally certified for. The cloud is currently a 'hot topic' in the industry, as companies are trying to modernize their applications in order to meet demand, save costs and deliver better to their customers. Managed services also allow developers to focus on the custom, important business logic while the boiler parts of the application are securely taken care of. It is very critical for developers to familiarize themselves with the services available in their domain, whether be it networking, back end, databases or security to deliver more value to the customers at a better price. Currently there is not a lot of resources on practical application of cloud services for beginners, which is why i offer my course where we walk through the full life-cycle of deploying an application in AWS.
Do so-called 'visionaries', such as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg inspire you or do you have other role models?
I tend not to follow big names as much. I am more of a technical person and I prefer to stay rooted.
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your subject or your days at school.
The biggest project i got to work on was a government emergency response application for hundreds thousands of users in need of the service. I lead the front end development of the platform (comprised of hundreds of pages). I got to architect it, build a big portion as well as review the code and mentor junior developers. It both a stressful task and a great experience that lend me a lot of opportunities for growth.
What would you say to an uncomfortable person in front of a screen who says that "IT is too complicated"?
Just like with all things you cannot become a master in a few days, let along hours. A lot of times people think that coding is something that they should be able to do very fast and expect to be able to make full stack applications in a matter of weeks. This is not the case, just like building a functioning house requires architecture, foundations and many different components to come together. Building an application is not a trivial task and requires planning and proper development of all the pieces in order for everything to come together. Even with managed services taking a lot of the heavy lifting, a developer needs fundamental knowledge that only comes with time and effort, if they are to create efficient well-architected applications.
What are your other passions, related or non-related to computers?
Weightlifting. Olympic style weightlifting, i train every day and want to complete on a higher level in the sport
What makes you a Superprof in IT?
I have experience in working both in a start up as well as one of the biggest technology centers of the word. I keep up with technology changes and update my materials accordingly, what differentiates me from other teachers is the relevance of my courses to the current industry