Make the classes useful and as interesting as possible - give the students a challenge.
I have been teaching English online for over 11.5 years, as first started in January 2007, so have taught very many students in that time - I am well used to online teaching requirements and challenges.
I have helped many students online to achieve their goals, for the IELTS exam, business English and general English - I was born in the UK and have a standard UK accent and in addition, I am a grammar specialist.
Philip de Rivaz CV – UK Native Speaker
And Long-term English Teacher
ENGLISH TEACHING SUMMARY:
• 10+ years of part/full-time experience teaching learners of English for many different English areas, such as IELTS exam preparation and business English.
• Have taught “offline” in 4 countries: England, India, Japan and Spain and also predominately online by Skype/Zoom, etc..
• IELTS exam.
• Grammar and speaking specialist.
• Experience teaching business English both offline (NEC + Toshiba in Japan) and online.
• Helped students to improve their business and general English.
• Featured on international TV for my online English teaching.
• Helped students to pass their IELTS exam and have made e-courses for IELTS students + teachers, as well as written a free 100+ page IELTS tips ebook.
ENGLISH TEACHING WORK EXPERIENCE:
• July 2018 – residential English teacher at Holy Child English language school in St. Leonards, England.
• April-May 2018 – part-time online English teacher for Tutor ABC in Taiwan.
• January-February 2018 – private offline English teacher to a Brazilian student visiting the UK, in Sussex, England.
• December 2017, until present - part-time online English teacher for teenager/young learners of English, at the College Of Contract Management.
• November 2017-February 2018 – part-time offline teacher for business English at Tokyo Electron, Sussex, England
• August-October 2017 – part-time offline teacher for business English at Fluid Architects, Sussex, England.
• April 2017, until present – occasional part-time offline and online English teacher for the IELTS (their main IELTS teacher), general English + business English + also IELTS blogger for The Profs, London.
• January 2017, until present - part-time online English teacher at my own business.
• March-May 2017 – part-time tutor for a private business English student in Three Bridges, England.
• August 2015 – part-time tutor to a business executive at Germania, Crawley, England.
• May to October 2010 - part-time classroom English teacher in CGG Veritas, Crawley, England.
• 2004-6 short times at language school + private students, in England.
• 1999-00 - Japanese junior and elementary schools and single and group classes at NEC and Toshiba in Tokyo, Japan.
• 1998 - private 1-1 and groups for some months, in Madrid, Spain.
• 1996 -1/2 year private and large class sizes (up to about 40) in a Buddhist Monastery in India.
• 1 week TEFL course, Berlitz - 2000, Tokyo, Japan.
• 1/2 week TEFL course, Japanese Government - 1999, London, England.
• 3-4 month teaching course, Complutense University - 1998, Madrid, Spain.
• 2 week TEFL course, International House - 1996, London, England.
• Also - Major in English Literature + additional Minor degree in Creative Writing, 1996-9, from the University of East Anglia, Norwich, England.
• All schooling in the UK and specialised in English at highschool.
• Have an “enhanced DBS check” (UK security check available for teachers).
• interested in health and very knowledgable about computers and website design.
• Due to Christian religious reasons, I do not work from Friday-Saturday evenings.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£50|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£250|
|10 hours||Not available||£40||£500|