Flexible to each individual, efficient and fun. My goal is for students to feel confident and enjoy their subjects, and also acquire tools for the future. We would utilise a range of visual and active exercises to help understand difficult concepts and revise more concisely.
I am an experienced, creative and fun tutor, having taught children ages 6-14 and achieving 4 A* for A levels. I can teach Japanese, Biology, Chemistry and piano (grade 8 ABRSM) at cheap student prices. Have helped struggling and unmotivated students find fun in their subjects.
I am a high-achieving, organized, and versatile individual, achieving A star grades in all subjects taken at GCSE (9) and A level (4) while engaging in weekly clubs, tutoring, volunteering and music commitments.
I have been keen to broaden my teaching abilities through clubs, tutoring sessions, workshops at schools and music lessons. I look forward to applying and developing my skills with more tutoring opportunities.
• Communication skills: one on one interaction with all age ranges volunteering at both an elderly care home and teaching roles with children.
• Organization and Commitment: was able to successfully combine being in 2 school orchestras alongside part-time teaching jobs and volunteering whilst achieving top academic grades.
• Presentation skills: learned the balance between engagement and education, presenting in a language club, science roadshow and to a professional panel of judges.
• Proactive: expanded skills outside of academic studies demonstrated by commitments to optional volunteering, clubs, part-time jobs and music.
Education and Achievements
Maths, triple sciences, Geography, English, Spanish, Japanese, Music; all at grade A*
• A levels:
Chemistry, Biology, Japanese, Philosophy; all at grade A*
• Academic Scholarship awarded at James Allen Girls School
• Grade 8 piano, grade 7 violin, guitar and solo singing
• PADI Open Water Scuba Certificate
• First Aid certificate
Assistant teacher at Rye Oak Primary School Peckham
• As a teaching assistant working one on one with the students on their weakest subjects.
• Learned how to successfully handle conflicts between students.
Primary School Road Show
• Developed presentation skills through giving weekly science roadshows to primary schools around South London in a team.
Introductory Japanese language and Biology Club
• Developed leadership skills through running a language club and a Biology club, the challenges of managing a large classroom, and ensuring the students engaged with and enjoyed a different self-planned project each week.
February 2019 to now
Nightingale Hammerson Care Home
• Improved communication skills and professionality through one on one weekly sessions with elderly residents with dementia, providing company and devising custom music playlists for them.
September 2018 to July 2019
Teaching Piano to Children
• Weekly piano teaching to younger children, learning to cater to the different age set to ensure inspiring and fun lessons.
I highly reccomend Juliana as a tutor to anyone inquiring. Not only is she patient and adapts to your needs, but finds ways to make lessons interesting and digestible. With her, I learnt rapidly and retained the information due to her accessible teaching methods! Thank you Juliana for everything!
I’ve Tutored with Juliana before and she is really good at engaging students and coming up with new or alternative methods to help each individual student. She’s hardworking and committed and an A* student. I’d definitely recommend her as a tutor.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|