Some of the tools I use are Kathy Blocki's Pneumo pro and her beginner's methods. I tend to use Trevor Wye's Practice books a lot as they have helped me a lot. And I am also interested in the Suzuki method so I tend to include plenty of playing by ear in my lessons (Disclamer: I am not a trained Suzuki teacher).
I am a recent Royal college of Music graduate where I studied with Sue Thomas, Rachel Brown (historical flutes), Kathleen Stevenson (flute & piccolo) and Simon Channing.
I have been teaching flute for about 5 year now. I can help with exams (ABRSM, Trinity, Music medals etc.) or I can teach you the basics so you can play for fun. For the past year I have been working in schools with individuals, groups and whole classes so I am very much up for teaching more than one person at a time.
I am DBS checked and ready to provide you with references.
09/2015 – 07/2019
Bachelor of Music in Flute performance
Royal College of music, London, United Kingdom
- Professor Sue Thomas, Kathleen Stevenson and Simon Channing (flute) and Professor Rachel Brown (historical flute)
09/2008 – 07/2015
High School Diploma and Professional qualification diploma with distinctions; Equivalent to A-levels in English and Bulgarian languages & Music
National school of music and dance arts, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Doctor Ivailo Vasilev
09/2019 – 09/2020
Hounslow Music Service
• Prepared lesson plans accurate to the level of each pupil
• Delivered excellent lessons to individuals, small groups and whole classes in various schools in West London
• Motivated pupils and encouraged them in the process towards their given goal
• Kept up to date with the examination requirements and prepared students for the appropriate exams
• Communicated with the class teachers and the parents to ensure all of the child’s needs are met
• Provided written reports and feedback
• Actively participated in all external events and assisted colleagues when needed
10/2018 – 09/2020
After school tutor of English, Maths and Music theory
• Assisted the four children (Reception to Year 6) with homework and set additional tasks where appropriate
• Assessed their progress in spelling by conducting mock tests weekly
• Supervised reading daily and tracked progress by helping the children fill in a journal
• Supervised speed maths progress and taught techniques to improve
• Prepared kids for the appropriate school exams and ABRSM music theory examinations
• Communicated with the parents about children’s holistic development on a daily basis
2016 – 2017
Arts collective Europe
● Delivered carefully planned flute lessons
● Encouraged students to join extracurricular groups (groups, orchestra, etc.) to develop musical communication
● Provided written reports when needed
● Prepared children for appropriate exams
● Communicated with the parents and leaders about any issues or achievements
10/2016 - 08/2019
Workshop assistant & Workshop leader
● Participated in variety of workshops (The Music Man project: Music is Magic!, Springboard Composition Course, My Great Orchestral Adventure, Creative composition course at the Kensington palace)
● Assisted the workshop leader in delivering a meaningful session by being familiar with the workshop plan
● Took care of the group’s engagement, wellbeing and enjoyment
● Communicated with the leader in any given moment about issues they might not be aware of (this included finding creative ways to communicate during the session)
● Participated in all training sessions especially when working with children with SEND
TEACHING AND OUTREACH TRAINING
‘Good vibrations’ gamelan workshop at the RCM
2018 - 2019
RCM Creative Education module
2017 – 2018
RCM Professional Portfolio: basic teaching and outreach module
2014 – 2015
NSMDA ‘Dobrin Petkov’, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, Flute teaching and pedagogy modules
PRIZES, SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
Some of my recent achievements include:
• Royal Philharmonic society - instrument prize by the ‘Sir John Barbirolli’ memorial trust , First prize in the ‘Classical ensembles’ category (as part of NeKriMa trio) at the Online Music Competition – Belgrade, Serbia
• RCM Heddy Simpson Award, ‘Dobrin Petkov’ graduates` school prize for musical achievements and creativity
• Second prize at the International competition ‘Young virtuosos’, Sofia, Bulgaria and scholarship by the Ministry of Culture of Republic of Bulgaria
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest flute lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, recorder lessons for all!
Taking wind instruments lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£30|