To facilitate digitised learning in online tutoring, I supplement Wacom Intuos tablet, the Microsoft Whiteboard and screen sharing options, so that student(s) get the similar feel of a live classroom.
While tutoring, I am used to demonstrate relevance of research methods and paradigms using examples of researched/ resealable topics in a way so that beginner's in research can differentiate among obsolete, contemporary and forthcoming designs. Such a critical assessment is needed so that intellectual worth of the proposed research, may early be evaluated. In order to do that effectively, I have to reply heavily on key databases of academic literature such as the Jstor, Science Direct, Springer Link, Sage etc. so that any research notion may strongly be grounded into literature. As research supervisor I have to make sure that the research notion is indigenous, and that the proposed work is not been affected by bounded rationality (too few knowledge). While furnishing the design of research, I have to see carefully that choice of methodological tools, justify the needs of the data we have. As part of my counseling in doing research, I am used to illustrate how a topic and the proposed title of thesis may be furnished using top to down approach, how research objectives and hypothesis are phrased, how to ensure quality literature review and how to make methodological choices regarding research design. As I have handled application of econometric modelling (advanced regression), application of game theory and in application of optimization tools (linear/ goal/ integer programming) as part of my teaching and also in my research experience, so conveniently can supervise such technical underpinnings.
As a researcher and as research supervisor, I can feel that doing research is perhaps most lively and satisfying thing among all of academics.
If you wish more details about my career and profile, see my list of publications as part of my resume.
My academic background, career, personality and interests rotate around my complementary roles as researcher, thesis supervisor, author as well as referee. It gives you lots of self esteem to initiate research with rather naive notions, and then striving to furnish and structure such naive notions into a well documented indigenous study. As academician and researcher I can feel that creativity is amongst most satisfying things in nature.
So far, I have supervised over 141 honor's, master's and M.Phil theses, in rather diverse domains of Social Sciences and Humanities. I have published Journal articles, while some of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I was also invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Economics Research Symposium.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Syed will plan your first lesson with care.
I have extensive experience as researcher, as theses supervisor, as an author as well as Journal referee. Regarding management of research activity, I served as Senior fellow and as Coordinator of research. My career dominated my roles as faculty of Research Methodology and as researcher.
I have published 15 Journal articles, while 13 of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I have extensive experience of supervising researches in domain of Social Sciences and in Humanities. So far, I have supervised over 141 student papers etc.
In recognition of my serveries in academics and in research, I was recently been invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Research Symposium.
Selected Journal Publications and International Conference Proceedings:
• History of the Childhood Oppression, Inter-temporal resentment and Compliance with Codes of Harassment at the workplace: An Offender’s Perspective'. Business Ethics and Leadership, Volume 3, Issue 4. ISSN (online) 2520-6311. With H. Butt
• Modeling Spillover effects of Leapfrog development and Urban sprawl upon Institutional delinquencies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 216. With M. H. Noon.
• Educational status, the Social Demonstration effect and inclination to Save: Findings of a Cross sectional model. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, vol. 9, issue 3, pp 248-271. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. Q. Asad.
• Outreach of Financial institutions, access to Information and Energy substitutability: A Case for photovoltaic energy preferences in Agriculture sector, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 7, No. 8. With R. R. Ullah.
• Inter-Jurisdictional governance coordination, community support and compliance with the ILO 169 convention on indigenous rights: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of indigenous people of Kalash. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 4-14. Electronic ISSN. 2397-6942: Publisher: FLE Learning Ltd. With M. Ghalib.
• An Assessment into the Risk Factors in Inter-Temporal Sustainability of Cropping Sector. 18th International Academic Conference, London, United Kingdom, pp 358-371. Electronic ISBN: 978-80-87927-11-3. With B. Khan.
• Impact assessment of International policy coordination with the WTO Technical barriers to trade agreement and Foreign financial assistance upon the intent to comply with the agreement: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of Mango exporters. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pp 197-225. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. U. Bajwa.
• Self condemnation, Indebtedness and Financial Stress: Findings of a Cross-sectional Study. European Scientific Journal, Vol.SE1, pp 71-88. Electronic ISSN: 1857-7431. Publisher: European Scientific Institute. With H. N. Zaman.
• Foreign Investment, Technological Diffusion and Competiveness of Exports: A Case for Textile Industry. International Journal of Economics and Management Engineering. Vol: 9, No: 10, Electronic ISSN: 2226.-7344. With M. Awais.
• Impact Assessment of the Social Demonstration Effect and Religiosity upon Charitable Spending: Findings of a Cross Sectional Study. 19th International Academic Conference, Florence. pp 3-23. Publisher: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences ISBN 978-80-87927-15-1. With B. Maqbool
• Reciprocity and Interdependence in bilateral ties between Pakistan & India: A Game theoretic explanation. Proceeding, Law Conference 2015 (Cambridge) Series. With A. Ahmed
• An Assessment into the Drift in Direction of International Migration of Labor: Changing Aspirations for Religiosity and Cultural Assimilation. ICIMHS 2015: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. With R. Zulfiqar
• Openness of economy, Foreign investment inflows and Rent seeking behavior. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 2015, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.45-64, Electronic ISSN: 2148- 0192. With F. Manzoor.
• Geopolitics of International relations, US political regimes and the incidence of US bilateral Aid. GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) , Volume 4, Issue 1. With H. Imran.
• Political Economy of Regime switching and preferences for Inter-temporal Consumption. Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research. Vol 3(2). With F Tanvir.
• Modeling Socioeconomic and Political dynamics of Terrorism, ICCTHS 2014: International Conference on Counter Terrorism and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 7. With O. Younus.
• Impact assessment of Central bank autonomy & Exchange rate regimes upon Exchange rate volatility. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceeding, pp 242-250. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With S. Raza.
• Impact Assessment of State of Technology & the WTO Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) Agreement upon the Export Intensity of Textile Sector Exporters. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceedings, pp 816-826. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With A. Mehboob.
• Modeling Spillover effects of bilateral Trade upon sustainability of economic growth. ICBEF 2014: International Conference on Business, Economics and Finance. With T. H. Alvi
• Political deprivations, Political risk and the extent of Skilled Labor Migration: Finding of a Time-Series analysis. ICIMHS: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 8, No. 7. With H. Hamid.
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Governance, Legislative structure, Organizational Structure & HR, Infrastructure and Facility Arrangement at PSIC’. (2017).
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Impact Assessment of Removal of Natural Gas Subsidy for Fertilizer Industry and the Cost –Benefit Analysis of allocation of Natural Gas for Cement, Power or the Fertilizer Sector’. (2001-02).
Perfect! With regards to Thesis support Syed proved be an incredibly trustworthy and extremely knowledgable advisor given his extensive knowledge and background as a thesis advisor. Not only was Syed available to help me grasp econometric and quantitative topics I struggled with but he was also available to review the overall structure of my Thesis, assisting with support of appropriate sections and selecting a clear but highly appropriate Thesis title, something which I did not have prior to our meeting Syed. Over the 3 weeks spent working with Syed I truly believe Syed has allowed me to bring my overall thesis up to a first class standard paper (fingers crossed!) especially given where I originally sat. Syed also shared available resources for me to look into needed topics relating to my thesis such as the lead-led impact of adaptive expectations in affecting Stock market volatility. I would therefore highly recommend Syed, to any student at any stage of their thesis in need of a patient and highly knowledgeable thesis supervisor (especially in econometrics and quantitative methods) who will spent the time you need to achieve the best possible grade in your Thesis.
I found Michael to be reasonably determined and eager to learn topics in Financial Econometrics such as ARDL, ARMA and ARCH models and to apply them as part of his thesis. Quick learner and good in manners.
Superb experience of learning, as I grasped lots of thoughtful know-how from your guidance ! It really helped me understand the difficult stages of my research proposal and concepts of quantitative methods, such as regression and ANOVA. The way you explain things is clear, direct and self explanatory. I really like your style of guidance as it makes me comfortable especially at difficult stages of my thesis. Now I am really looking forward to the next sessions on the analysis/ interpretation part.
Positive, composed and determined person, with good aptitude of quantitative reasoning! I sought guidance from Syed, while preparing for an aptitude test. I had to prepare topics in Mathematics, Descriptive Statistics and in Bayesian Probability, which Syed planned in a manner that I gained lots of confidence and proficiency in around 2 weeks’ time. He is such a skilled and resourceful person. A much dedicated person who recognizes stakes of students in a respectable manner.
Syed is passionate, competent and stable headed. Manages time and difficult situations ,effectively. Highly recommended for trouble shooting as part of research/ thesis or in domain of quantitative modeling.
Passionate and Superb! Syed is a competent teacher with diversity and depth. I managed to grasp many technical concepts in domain of advanced regression. Highly recommended for quantitative methods and economics courses!
Competent person with grasp and communication! He made incredible progress with my Biostatistics course, specifically in context of Epidemiology and inferential statistics topics, through tutoring and by use of the Stata package. My shyness and anxiety in dealing with quantitative topics has much been relieved due to his coaching. Memorable experience for me to have learnt from Syed!
Proficient and dependable! Syed is an outstanding researcher as well as an excellent mentor with lots of precision and patience in his coaching and in providing the feedback. I found him to be an extremely professional person with quality knowledge, immense proficiency in research skills and untiring nature. From adjusting my original research notions into well structured research hypothesis, to structuring research design and in choosing quantitative tools to suit research needs, he has been superb. Despite the fact that I spent quite some time while working on my thesis, I was surprised to see how the academic value of my dissertation improved within a short frame of time, because of his continual feedback. With his guidance I was able to experiment Autoregressive distributed lag ARDL models, Autoregressive Moving average ARMA models as well as Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity ARCH models, as part of my dissertation. I would highly recommend Syed, to students of research methods, quantitative modeling and to beginner’s in research who are in search of a mentor who will increase their capabilities drastically over a short space of time.
It has been an excellent opportunity for me to learn Advanced Microeconomics from Toqueer. He is quite an experienced teacher with full command over use of visual and algebraic illustrations, along with a strong theoretical knowledge. Superb experience of learning from him.
Extremely privileged to have learned from Toqueer! His relentless contribution and generous guide as a Research Specialist/Analyst/ Supervisor to academicians, and exceptional knowledge of both qualitative research and quantitative modeling: econometric and statistical analysis is just a small reflection of his capabilities and strengths.
Inspirational and supportive tutor, goes extra mile using examples and illustrations to ensure I understood difficult and complex topics. Articulate personality and precision in interpersonal communication. I am glad to have learnt from Syed.
Toqueer is passionate, enthusiastic and above all, quite a stable headed person with natural inclination to approach rather complex situations, with clarity. His knowledge and exposure to deal with quantitative research seem to be deeply grounded in understanding of econometrics, statistics and mathematics, and he is used to demonstrate expertise in this regard tremendously and repeatedly. His worthy guidance, and comments may especially be seen as invaluable for research students, persons who are doing thesis for the first time in their life, and for those who seek guidance in quantitative methods.
creative writing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, dissertation and thesis preparation lessons for all!
Taking proofreading lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£80|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£400|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£800|