My teaching method is based on logic, understanding and enjoying the topic approached. As I have been a difficult child who did not enjoy studying mainly because of the teaching methods. I have the right skills to make myself and the subject I teach understandable and enjoyable.
I am currently studying towards achieving my masters degree in Forensic Science at UCLan. I have a BA degree in biochemistry (first degree classification 90%). I have 3 years of experince in tutoring of high school students for their International Baccalaureate Chemestry exam.
Mobile: (concealed information)7
E-mail: (concealed information)
I am an inquisitive and highly motivated Forensic Science student currently working towards my Master’s Degree. My goal is to graduate university with a first class degree, whilst gaining the right set of kills from a part time job opportunity.
2018 - Present MSc in Forensic Science University of Central Lancashire, UK
2015 - 2018 BA Biochemistry „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University,
Key Modules: Analytical Biochemistry, Structural Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anorganic Chemistry, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Enzymology, Vitamins and Hormones, Protein Metabolism, Nucleic Acids Metabolism, Plant Physiology, Histology, Anatomy, Animal Systematics, Plant Systematics, Molecular Genetics, Medical Microbiology, Immunology – scored 95% overall.
Final year project: Study on Peroxidase activity in millet seeds (Panicum miliaceum L.) during germination – Scored 100% at my dissertation project.
2011 - 2015 Romania - Baccalaureate Diploma (95%) „Ovidius” High School,
Relevant modules: Romanian Literature (93%), Maths (100%), Chemistry (94%)
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel).
• Good command of photo editing (Snapseed) gained as an amateur photographer.
• Good command of PyMOL gained throughout Bioinformatics course.
• Weights and measures
• Preparing different reagents/solutions/experiments
• DNA extraction
• Bacteria cultivation
• Measuring pH
• Using Centrifuges
• Using the Spectrophotometer
• Tests for inorganic compounds
July 2017-September 2017 Erasmus Plus Biochemistry Intern (University of
Huelva, Huelva, Spain)
• Preparing reagents and culture mediums
• Cultivating microalgaes
• Measuring optical density
• Using the autoclave for sterilization processes
• Observing cellular growth of microalgaes, bacteria contaminations and structure of cells using the microscope
• Perform laboratory tests and techniques as: measurement of photosynthetic activity, freezing dried pellets of algae biomass to extract lipids, measurement of urea from samples of Chlorella, separation and quantification of target compounds using chromatography and HPLC
September 2016 – May 2017 Social Worker Volunteer (Ascor, Iasi, Romania)
Ascor is a volunteering association responsible with social work. Being part of ASCOR gave me the opportunity to work with wonderful people of all ages: kids, infants, teenagers and elderly people. Listening to their life stories, helping them with their daily activities, giving them advice and being genuine, are only few examples of my activity within this organization.
June 2016-September 2016 Customer Service Assistant/Receptionist (Vega Hotel,Romania)
• Offering high quality customer service
• Investigating and dealing with complains as best as possible
• Helping customers with information on particular visitor’s sites
• Helping with the check-in/check-out process
September 2015 – May 2016 Volunteer (T.E.R.I.S., Iasi, Romania)
TERIS is a student association responsible with ecological projects and various student events. Being part of TERIS helped me gain skills such as:
• Team building
• Public Speaking
• Customer service
• Team work
May 2015-September 2015 Bartender (Iulius Beach Bar, Mamaia, Romania)
• Responsible of delivering high quality service in a short time
• Offering high quality customer service
• Dealing rapidly with any complains
• Responsible of the cash flow
May 2014-September 2014 Sales Consultant (Unilever, Constanta, Romania)
• Generating interest by offering sample of certain products
• Providing information on promoted products from Unilever
• Attracting new customers
• Pitching about the product in order to sell on the value
• Reaching weekly targets
• Keeping records of the samples offered vs products sold
• Learn about competitors’ products and consumers interests and concerns in order to answer questions and provide more complete information
Languages: Romanian (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), French (beginners).
Interests: Reading, Music, Travelling, Volunteering, Working on lab projects.
Tutoring: Primary, Secondary, High-school and university students.
Reference available on request.
Money well spent!! Marina helped me through the toughest module of uni, I really loved working with her, she’s really down to earth and patient which I really appreciate. 100% recommend for anyone who needs help with biochemistry, I’m really happy I found her.
I have started working with Marina few months ago. She is helping me with one of my Chemistry modules in University. I have already managed to score a 70 in my first coursework and I am confident that with her help I will get a high mark in my exam as well. She is very knowledgeable, has loads of patience when expalining and she is lovely to work with. No question is a stupid question when working with her.
Marina helped my throughout university with my chemistry module. She is really fun to learn with and knows how to explain and make herself clear about the subject. I must admit that I did not like chemistry but she showed me a different way to learn and love this subject. Bottoms up for you, Marina!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||Not available|