My lessons are built around the student's needs, at the start of any lesson I get to know the student and set out a plan as to what their strengths and weaknesses are and what their goals are by the end of tutoring.
In the first initial lessons, I would like to test the student's knowledge of English level based on prior learning and will set out a quiz designed to their needs.
Each week will focus on a specific topic and will involve writing, speaking, reading and a quiz and/or review session to reinforce their understanding.
I am a Forensic Science student based in Scotland with real-world experience teaching English to Latin American Children during my year abroad in Honduras. I am capable of teaching a wide range of ages and I am willing to do both individual and group classes based on the student's needs. I am also capable of teaching other subjects outside of English should the need arise, I have taught in both a public school and as an in-house tutor at my project. All of the students who I teach have obtained their maximum potential, but I also strive to ensure they have fun learning English. I am a compassionate, kind and patient tutor and my methods vary to suit the student's needs.
I have always had a passion for learning and strive to do my best, obtaining A's in most or all of my subjects I hope to make my students realise their potential and love of learning!
Please note, rates may vary depending on the level of Student based on the lesson plans, worksheets and time that I put in for each individual student.
If you need to cancel your lesson you must indicate by email at least 2 days prior to the lesson.
EMAIL: (concealed information)
• A highly driven and self-motivated student, who has a proactive and passionate attitude. I pride myself with meticulous attention to detail and deliver to the highest standards.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2019-2022 BSc (Hons) Forensic Sciences Abertay University, Dundee
2012-2018 Kinross High School Perthshire
Advanced Higher: French (A), English (A)
Higher: Psychology (A), Spanish (A), English (A), French (B), Geography (B), Human Biology (B)
Plus 7 National 5’s
September 2017-December 2019 Activities Co-ordinator Orchard Head House, Rosyth
• Worked alongside carers to provide care and wellbeing for residents in the home who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia by organising activities.
• Acquired good communication, negotiation and teamworking skills along with the ability to work under pressure.
• Improved my confidence through dealing with a variety of people (family, residents and carers).
December 2019-May 2020 Bakery Assistant
The Brothy Ltd, Dundee
• Responsible for opening and closing the bakery and the assigned tasks within the allotted time.
• Providing upstanding customer service to the customers regarding food, drinks and information about the business itself.
• Capable of working in sync with a team with enthusiasm to help the business to succeed and meet demands.
August 2018-August 2019 Volunteer Teacher and Tutor Miqueas 6.8, Honduras.
• Responsible for teaching English and a variety of other subjects to children and young people in a classroom environment.
• Responsible for planning and arranging lessons and fun activities during the Holidays.
• Able to apply a risk preventative and problem-solving approach to think outside the box.
• Take the time to listen and understand key points so I can create the appropriate response and implement solutions to resolve things effectively.
Flexibility and Time Management
• Have the confidence and ability to adapt; I am willing and experienced to ever-changing roles, environments, responsibilities, and schedules to ensure I can respond to the requirements of the job effectively.
• After working abroad and part-time while studying I pride myself with my efforts to attention to detail and being time efficient to achieve goals against critical time frames.
• My personal time is spent developing my passions for art, languages, literature and film. Whether it be through reading, drawing, cinema visits, or learning another language. (Proficient in Spanish and French and currently learning Mandarin.)
• I am an advocate for a healthy and balanced lifestyle and love cooking and sharing my enthusiasm for sport which include playing judo and badminton and going to the gym.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Perfect! Darcie works well with my son, she is very patient, allowing him understand the subject better, using a clear plan and working through past papers.
Darcie is a very Conscientious hardworking Young lady and has a great rapport with all age groups. She has always achieved straight A due to her studying and Lesson planning . You will not be disappointed with the quality of work that Darcie produces and also how she explains and breakdown barriers for you to understand and improve your subject. She is now at university and would be an asset for anyone to teach their children or to improve their own grades.
Darcie is hardworking patient and throughly researches all her lessons. You can count on never being bored with her, as she always finds games and fun ways of learning in every subject.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|