My teaching method is student led - we will work to identify problem topics initially and I then use a mixture of talking through theory, step by step example and past paper questions and finally past paper questions that the student does but I may aid with if they get stuck.
I believe a lot of the time topics need to be explored one on one so a student can gain their own understanding of something. If a student is struggling with a topic I will find different ways of explaining it to ensure they grasp the concepts before we do any exam questions.
For GCSE students I will go through the specification of their exam board and find topics they struggle with. These will then each have a focus lesson where we work on theory and example questions.
I do lessons via zoom so that I can see students face to face and share PowerPoints, papers or my working. If you don't have zoom I am happy to send information on how to use and set it up before lessons.
I am a VI student at a grammer school going to study robotics at university. I have experience giving small in person computer science lessons, 11+ tutoring and maths support. I have studied Computer Science, Physics, Maths, Further maths and religious studies to A level (finishing 2021), finishing my computer science a year early with an A* grade.
I am a motivated and determined team player who has had various responsibilities and roles in a team. I have the capacity to lead with good written and spoken communication skills for liaising with team members. High levels of organisation and pro-activity make me a reliable individual regardless of my role. My adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic way to ensure that I can thrive in a huge variety of workplaces. My academics have been a focus for me for many years and through independent study I have developed flexible thinking and the ability to explain concepts to others.
Childminder and Tutor - 2016-2021
- Worked with students in preparation for their secondary school entrance exams
- Looked after children both in the day and evening/at night
Girlguiding volunteer - 2015-2021
- Earned qualifications in leadership
- Worked with a variety of different ages and backgrounds
- Paperwork and admin experience
Computer science AS revision tutor - 2019-2020
- Worked with a small group (approximately 10) students to identify and aid in fixing issues with course content
- Set and marked work as well as planning and leading theory sessions
- Teachers reported an improvement in students grades
Work experience with Mott MacDonald (civil engineering firm) - 24th-28th June 2019
- Worked with various areas of the firm
- Office and design work
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls (2014-2021)
- A levels (achieved): Computer science
- A levels (sitting in 2021): Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Religious Studies with Philosophy and Ethics
- 10 GCSEs grades 9-7 including 9s in Maths, English Literature, English Language and separate sciences. Distinction in spoken English.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Young Leaders Qualification with Girl Guiding
- Bronze and Silver DofE
- iDEA Bronze and Silver Awards
- CyberStart Essentials Certificate of Achievement
- Arkwright Scholar
- House Captain and member of the Senior Prefect Team 2020-2021 at King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls
- Engineering Education Scheme (EES) team leader 2019-2020
Working in a team
- Member of the senior prefect team helping organise and run school events and collections
- Leader in Training with Girlguiding running and assisting with meetings
- Chairperson of Girlguiding Midlands working group collaborating with others to fulfill a brief
Organisation and time management
- Balancing study, part time work as a childminder, volunteering and extra-curriculars successfully
- Coordinating charity collections and events in school
- Planning meetings for 10-14 year olds for several school terms
- Fulfilled briefs for EES and Girlguiding Midlands working group
- Technical report written for EES and Collins Aerospace
- Essays written for A level studies
- Presentations given to 100+ people for Birmingham Civic Society Next Generation Awards proposal
- School wide assemblies for charity work
- Organising group members in the Girlguiding Midlands working group and contacting Region Offices as Chairperson
- Communicating with Girlguiding leaders, as well as parents of girls in units as well, to organise events
- Team lead on 6 month EES research project
- Chairperson of Girlguiding Midlands working group
- Organised several school wide projects as part of the Legacy 110 project (remembering WW1)
- Responsible for groups of children through Girlguiding
- Basic experience with Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
- Basic experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with databases and using SQL through computer science coursework and extra-curriculars
- Experience with 2D and 3D design software
Perfect! Maddy was very effective in supporting our son with computer science. She was always punctual and reliable. We would have no hesitation in recommending her.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£8|