I tailor my teaching to my students- everyone has an individual way of learning that suits them and I thrive off working with my students to find out what works best for them and their needs. For example, some students love preparing for and taking exams whereas others don’t learn well under pressure. I’m happy to work in whichever way benefits you most.
I have a Master’s degree in Performance from the Royal Northern College Of Music as well as a Bachelor’s degree from the Royal College of Music - I am a freelance musician who teaches, does recording sessions and works in theatre shows.
Elaine Ambridge - Freelance Violinist/Violist
• MMus with Distinction from the Royal Northern College of Music (2014-2016) with Catherine Yates
• BMus (Hons) from the Royal College of Music (2010- 2014) with Levon Chilingirian and Gabrielle Lester
• RCM SPARKS Programme – group learning in schools
• Over ten years of experience teaching ABRSM Exam Board – both
violin/viola and theory at all levels
• Violin Workshops – group learning in schools
• The Last 5 Years (Southwark Playhouse) - Violin
• West Side Story (Leicester Curve) – leader
• Annie the Musical (UK and Ireland tour) – Violin
• Wizard of Oz (Birmingham Rep) – Violin
• Simon and Garfunkel Through the Years (European tour) – Violin 1
• An Officer and a Gentleman (UK and Ireland tour) - Violin
• Thursford Christmas Spectacular - Leader
Chamber & Contemporary Music
• 2nd Violin in the Solem Quartet for the Park Lane Group Young Artists Programme
• 2nd Violin in the Atesh String Quartet – selected to take part in the Oslo
International Quartet Seminar and with performances at Glastonbury Festival,
Cadogan Hall and Chetham’s School of Music.
• Performances with the Sacconi String Quartet and Chilingirian String Quartet
• Young Professional on the Mendelssohn on Mull Festival with Marcia Crayford,
Stephen Orton, Laura Samuel and Susie Meszaros.
• BBC Philharmonic (1st and 2nd violin extra)
• Halle Orchestra (1st and 2nd violin extra)
• Manchester Camerata (1st and 2nd violin extra)
• Northern Chamber Orchestra (1st and 2nd violin extra)
• Sinfonia Cymru (1st violin extra)
• Malta Philharmonic Orchestra (1st violin extra)
• Orchestra of St. Paul’s (Principal 2nd violin)
• Academy of St Martin in the Fields side by side scheme
• BBC Philharmonic Professional Experience Scheme
Solos and Awards
• Generously supported by the Albert and Eugenie Frost Trust
• Generously supported by the Headingly Trust
• Generously loaned the 1595 Amati by the Royal Northern College of Music
• Dvorak Violin Concerto with Stoneleigh Youth Orchestra
• Brahms Double Concerto with Frederique Legrand and the St Bart’s
• Blackheath Festival - Best Violinist and Best String Player overall (under 25)
• Croydon Festival – Best Violinist (under 25)
Elaine has not only helped my daughter achieve her distinction in grade 6 but also guided her through her grade 5 theory which was somewhat of a challenge. We have been with Elaine for 3 years now and we intend to stick with her all the way through Alice’s grades. I can’t recommend her enough!
Elaine has been teaching my son for four months now and has been such a great tutor and mentor for him. His confidence has grown and he’s enjoying playing so much more. She makes lessons fun and engaging, and interesting. She’s got excellent time keeping along with great communication. I highly recommend Elaine and If I could, I’d be having lessons myself!
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, violin lessons for all!
Taking viola lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|