I am a compassionate, dedicated professional with a heart for empowering others to not only expand their reading and writing abilities, but also grow as individuals. I am motivated by building deep, lasting relationships with people and using my communication skills to support others' dreams.
As an editor, I have a knack for uncovering the heart of a message, chiseling it down to its most authentic, relatable and impactful form. As a writer, I seek to understand and connect with my audience through substance, humor and sincerity. I tell the truth and use my own life experiences, knowledge and passion to make content come alive.
In working with me, you can expect:
- to be respected and honored as an individual
- to learn how to effectively convey your message
- to expand your vocabulary and command of the English language
- to be challenged to produce your best work
I am available for:
- freelance writing and editing services
- resume and cover letter editing and feedback
- English tutoring (all ages)
- reading, writing and comprehension coaching
I enjoy teaching both children and adults.
I've taught English to students all over the world! A few years ago, I served on an 11-month humanitarian mission that took me through areas of South America, Africa and Asia. I've instructed classes of 35+ students as well as mentored and tutored both children and adults one-on-one. My students often told me that they appreciated my enthusiasm and dedication to their personal growth.
I connect with people and seek to understand their unique needs. While I am committed to encouraging and inspiring individuals to reach their potential, I also expect that they pursue excellence in the tasks that they undertake with me. I am uplifting but also proactive, direct and honest.
RACHEL V . KRAUSE
Freelance Writer & Editor June, 2017-Present
Self-Employed, Greater Milwaukee Area, WI
- Experience copywriting, copyediting and content writing and editing for nonprofits, ministries, small businesses and entrepreneurs across several industries, including health and wellness, finance and insurance, medical and commerce.
- Provide proofreading, content editing and feedback to individuals on cover letters and resumes.
- Current ongoing editing projects include books, blogs, marketing emails and technical reports.
Intern January, 2017 –June, 2017
G42 Leadership Academy, Mijas Pueblo, Spain
- Completed intensive six-month leadership training and internship program, including one-on-one mentoring with top instructors in various industries from around the world.
- Courses emphasized personal development, non-profit business management, marketing and entrepreneurship.
Implementation Consultant October, 2015–December, 2016
Zywave, Milwaukee, WI
- Provided software implementation training by leading WebEx consulting sessions for insurance industry partners.
- Understood partners’ responsibilities and industry obstacles, tailoring software solutions to meet their needs.
- Collaborated with Product Trainers, Project Managers and Partner Relationship Consultants to provide outstanding partner services and support.
- Combined adaptable consulting strategies, interpersonal skills and industry knowledge with software solutions to encourage partner motivation throughout the product on-boarding process.
Missionary & Team Leader April, 2014 –June, 2015
Adventures in Missions, International
- Led team of five volunteers in humanitarian efforts across two continents, partnering with local nonprofits.
- Organized after-school programs for impoverished youth, taught classes in schools as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers, worked in orphanages and conducted prison, hospital and home visits.
- Mediated conflict resolution between team members, providing opportunities for character growth and feedback.
SEO Coordinator & Account Manager May, 2013 –February, 2014
Cardinal Web Solutions, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed client sites and made recommendations for SEO campaigns and User Experience (UX) improvements.
- Monitored SEO performance metrics using Google Analytics and other industry tools.
- Maintained 15 client accounts across Design & Development, Paid Search, Social Media and SEO departments.
- Created sitemap tool that streamlined the website redesign process, improving interdepartmental communication.
Content Writer & Editor October 2012 –May, 2013
Cardinal Web Solutions, Atlanta, GA
- Created high-quality, relevant content for websites utilizing SEO keywords to improve search engine rankings.
- Researched, wrote and edited articles, press releases and blog posts while adhering to AP style standards.
- Utilized Google spreadsheets to align with client style standards while meeting multiple deadlines.
University of Wisconsin August, 2003-December, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts, English & Religious Studies
*This customized resume is a highlight of my applicable experience and is not exhaustive.
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, redaction lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£23||£23|