I plan my lessons based on your requirements, goals, strengths and weaknesses. I take into account your learning style and cater to you with a personalised programme. My courses focus on immersion in the language first and foremost. Exposure to a wide range of vocabulary and consequent pattern recognition to learn grammar is how I have learned French, German, Russian and Mandarin and it is in my opinion the most effective method.
I have spent the last year at The University of Geneva studying History courses taught completely in French and I now have a C1 (Fluent) level of French. It is a beautiful language and culture I look forward to sharing.
I am an enthusiastic, conscientious and responsible student going into my final year of French and History at the University of Kent. I thrive undertaking the challenges of a working environment alongside my studies as part of a balanced and active lifestyle. I return fresh from a year at the University of Geneva, where I studied the History course taught completely in French. During secondary school, I was Senior Language Prefect and Peer Mentor. As part of these duties, I was frequently aiding EFL (English Foreign Language) students and I was given the responsibility to become a mentor to the new Year 7 students. I am comfortable communicating with a wide range of people and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• September 2017 to July 2018: The University of Geneva, Switzerland.
The Swiss grading scale is from 1.00 to 6.00.
I have been awarded a 6.00, two 5.50, two 5.25, two 5.00 and two 4.25 grades.
My modules included transcribing medieval French manuscripts from the original sources in the archives and an introduction to the system of the archives in Geneva.
• September 2015 to July 2019: The University of Kent, French and History BA (Hons).
• September 2008 to June 2015: Blenheim High School, Surrey.
- September 2014 to June 2015: A-Levels.
2 A, 1 B and 1 C grades.
- September 2011 to June 2013: GCSEs.
7 A*, 4 A grades and a Merit in BTEC Sport. The subjects include French, History, German, Graphic Design and Triple Science.
• March 2014: Two days at Jesus College, The University of Oxford, studying Modern Languages.
• June 2014: Seven days at St John’s College, The University of Cambridge, studying Modern Languages.
• 2011 to 2013: Monthly lectures in Mathematics at the Imperial College of London.
I secured three work placements for myself before coming to university. Firstly, I spent a summer at the insurance firm Premium Credit Limited. My role involved carrying out administrative duties and shadowing members of the legal department. It was a useful insight into the organisation of a business which motivated me to find further work placements. Secondly, I was accepted to carry out paid correspondence work for Wandsworth Council. I coordinated data from various sources to produce architectural layouts on Microsoft Publisher. Finally, I spent a week at the Nuffield Health offices in Epsom where I studied policies such as the Data Protection Act of 1998 whilst reviewing legal contracts and I conducted legal research into cases in order to make reports.
Timeline of Work Experience
• June 2017 to June 2018: Bartender and waitress at The Cricketers Pub, Surrey.
• June 2016 to March 2017: Bartender and cocktail waitress at Steinbeck and Shaw, Canterbury.
• June 2016: Crew member for GForce (Stage and Show) UK.
• June 2015 to December 2016: Bartender and waitress at the Chessington Oak Pub, Surrey.
• 6th July to 11th July 2015: Work experience at Nuffield Health, Epsom.
• Summer 2013: Correspondence for Wandsworth Council.
• June 2012: Work experience at Premium Credit Limited.
Since starting university, I have worked continuously in various active customer service oriented positions in order to support my studies as I strive for financial independence and stability. My responsibilities have included professional cocktail training, promoting events online, training new employees and of course ensuring the satisfaction of customers as a bartender and waitress. These physically demanding and rewarding roles have been crucial in the development of my confident and motivated character.
Interests and Achievements
• I have started to volunteer for Oxfam and I am a long-standing volunteer for the Cats Protection League.
• In my spare time, I find new ways to stay active and healthy. I explore the areas around me by cycling and hiking.
• I am interested in languages and travelling. I am therefore fluent in French. I also have an intermediate level of German and I am studying Russian and Mandarin at university in the coming year. The process of language learning has installed in me a great deal of self-discipline, self-motivation and appreciation of international cultural differences.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|