I have been studying French since the age of 7, and Italian since starting University in Edinburgh.
Having completed my degree this year, I am now fluent in both languges, recieving top marks throughout my university experience.
I can teach any level of French and Italian (GCSE/A-level/IB/University), however it is best if the student is aiming for some level of qualification, as it is a more effective way of structuring the learning of the language. I can also help students with their university application process.
My initial approach is to provide a general test to analyse the level of grammatical understanding of a student and also oral pronounciation.
Having identified the gaps or weaknesses in knowledge, I will then work constructively on different grammar and vocabulary point using, for example, creative writing or role play excercises to improve written and spoken language, as well as looking at the student's exam board specifications and past papers to continually assure that we are keeping to the goal of academic success in these subjects.
Since the age of 18, I have tutored students for GCSE level French, however my skills extend to A-level or university level tutition, as well as consulting on the University application processes.
As I will be graduating this year, both languges are still extremely fresh in my mind, having just gone through the journey of learning a new languge myself over the past 4 years, I feel that I have a relevant understanding of the obstacles and difficulties that can affect tutees during this process, and effective solutions to these problems.
GCSE - £20/h
A-level/University application - £23/h
University - £25/h
Edinburgh University • French & Italian MA Hons (2014 - 2018)
• Conditional offer of an MSC in Management 2018-2019 at Edinburgh University Business School
Hurstpierpoint College • West Sussex (2012 - 2014)
• 3 A grades at A-Level • French, History, English Literature
• 1 A at AS-Level • Economics
• Academic Exhibition
• Member of prestigious school society (Johnian's Society) aimed at stretching bright pupils, with formal entrance process
Cranleigh School • Surrey (2009 - 2012)
• 9 A* grades at GCSE • Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, French, Spanish, History, English Literature, RS
• 3 A grades at GCSE • Latin, Greek, English Language
French GCSE Tuition • (July 2014-present)
• I have had experience tutoring GCSE level French over a number of years since the age of 18
• all tutees have passed and gained excellent marks.
Stocksfield Ltd • Work Experience • Guildford (July 2017)
• Financial reconciliation of employee related tax and VAT, as well as general bookkeeping activities.
• Helped put together case studies for marketing purposes
Reed Smith LLP • Work Experience • Corporate Law • London (one week – summer 2013)
• Completed a week of work experience at a multinational law firm in the City
• Compiled documents of industry research for a partner, used in transaction meetings
• Completed various administrative tasks including filing and general organisation
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking written expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|