I base my classes/tutoring on my own experiences in education, making use of the most effective learning and revision methods I have gained. I like to mix each class up with a variety of learning methods so as to make make the learning much more effective long term.
I have recently graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a First Class French and Spanish degree with Distinction in Spoken French. I was born and grew up in York and I have just finished a year abroad studying in France and Spain, where I attended two universities and taught European children English. I am confident helping teenagers with all aspects of their languages GCSEs and A levels and equally confident aiding essay writing and methodology for English literature
HELENA ANDERSON // CURRICULUM VITAE, (concealed information) // (concealed information)1 // 01/12/1996
- HIGHER EDUCATION
-University of Edinburgh 2015-2019
French and Spanish (MA) - First Class with Distinction in Spoken French
Courses: French (Literature, Language), Spanish (Literature, Language), German (Language), Latin, Social Anthropology
Year abroad spent in:
-Université de Bourgogne, Dijon September-December 2017
Courses: French literature, general and compared literature, introduction to industries of language, literary history and French culture, translation (all in French)
-Universidad de Alcalá January-May 2018
Courses: Spanish poetry and theatre from the 20th century, analysis and commentary of literary texts, contemporary Spanish literature (all in Spanish)
- A-LEVELS – Bootham School, York (2015)
o A (French) A (English Literature) B (Latin)
- GCSEs – Bootham School, York (2013) 3 A*s, 6 As, 2 Bs
September 2017 – May 2018
- Private English teacher, Dijon, France and Alcalá de Henares, Spain
June 2017 – present
- Waitress at The Star Inn The City, York
June 2016 – February 2017
- Front of house / Waiting staff at SKOSH, York
October 2013 – 2015
- Member of Alliance Française, York
- Steward at Castle Howard, York for M Blade Security
- Volunteer leader at Girlguiding UK, York
- French C2 and Spanish C2
- German international level B1
- Full driving licence
- Grade 8 ABRSM Piano and Violin
- Translation and Interpretation
- Culinary sphere
- Feminist Society, French Society, Spanish Society, Debating Society, EUMS Chorus (All, University of Edinburgh)
- Alliance Française member
- NYSSO Youth Orchestra (2011-15)
- Bronze and Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|