I always make sure to tailor my teaching methodology to each student's needs and background (ability, age, knowledge required). I feel that If I create a lesson that is relevant to the student's interests then they will be more engaged and as a result will learn more effectively. For this reason I have always tried to incorporate different resources into my lessons as well as using contemporary topics to aide with teaching. For example newspapers, films, music and debates.
In terms of teaching different topics, I find that it is always essential to start with the basics by building a foundation of knowledge then working my way up in difficulty. An example of this is when I have taught the past simple tense. I started off by explaining what it is used for and when. Then, I would teach basic conjugation rules for regular verbs. Once students have grasped this, I would move onto irregular verbs and eventually move onto more complicated tenses such as the past continuous or past perfect.
I have just finished my undergraduate degree in French & Spanish at Bath and will embark on teaching English as a foreign language abroad. I have had previous experience teaching English to children and adults of both abilities. This has included early learners from the age of 2 as well as proficient English speakers. Furthermore, I have had experience preparing students for the Cambridge English Certificate (PET/First and Advanced)
Rates set at:
£15/h online lesson
£20/h external lesson
24 hour cancellation required for full refund
- Higher Education - BA (Hons) Modern Languages and European Studies (French and Spanish) at the University of Bath, Bath, UK (September 2014 – June 2018). Degree includes written and spoken language, cultural/historical/political studies of France, Spain and Europe. Second year average- 2:1
- A-Level - at Stover School, Newton Abbot, UK (2013) French (B), Spanish (B), Philosophy and Ethics (B)
- GCSE –at Stover School, Newton Abbot, UK (2011) 11 ½: 6A*, 3A, 3B
Previous Employment/Volunteering experience:
- 6th February – 4th August 2017: Internship in translation project management at Transperfect, Montpellier, France. This role included working on translation projects from beginning to end, negotiating with freelance linguists, keeping track of deadlines, carrying out small translations and French into English final eye tasks.
- 14th September 2016 – 27th January 2017: Language assistant at Encarna Marquez School of English, Colmenar Viejo (Madrid), Spain. This involved teaching younger students through games and movement, preparing older students for the Cambridge English Examinations, providing one to one tuition and group conversation classes. Students ranged from 2yrs – adults and included all abilities.
- 30th July 2016 – 5th September 2016: Retail assistant at Marks & Spencer, Exeter, United Kingdom. This role included: Providing professional customer service, working as a valued member of a team, being able to work efficiently under pressure.
- February – May 2014- Au Pair, Madrid, Spain. This role included 30 hours of childcare per week and assisting my host family with learning English.
- September - December 2013- Part-time waitress at Cafe Loco, Moor Park, United Kingdom. This role included: Providing professional customer service, working as a valued member of a team, being able to work efficiently under pressure.
- September 2011 – June 2013– Community Sports leader at Stover School, Newton Abbot, United Kingdom. Attained Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sport Leadership. This role included: Teaching sport to children, preparing lesson plans, organise/help to run sporting events within the local community.
- July 2011- July 2013 - Part-Time waitress at the Riverside Cafe, Exeter, United Kingdom. This role included: Providing professional customer service, working as a valued member of a team, being able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Languages: English (native speaker), Russian (advanced spoken language / basic written language), French (advanced), Spanish (advanced), German (basic level).
- IT: Good knowledge of using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as outlook.
- CAT Tools: Wordfast 3 Pro
Hobbies and interests:
- Tennis: Was an avid player during my school years as a member of the team and I continue to play for leisure.
- Playing Music (Flute): Play to ABRSM Grade 5 standard and in the past, have been a member of the University’s music society.
- Travelling: This has exposed me to other cultures and languages as well as giving me the opportunity to converse with different people from many nationalities and backgrounds.
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|