I am a BA (Hons) graduate in French & Spanish and have lived in both these countries. I currently teach children & adults of all levels and capabilities. I teach adults wanting to learn french & spanish from a complete beginner level and I teach students wanting to improve their knowledge of the language in order for them to pass their GCSE & A-levels. I am also a French & Spanish after school club teacher at primary schools in South London and teach in nurseries in East London.
My youngest students are 2 years old and my oldest student being 50 years old.
I also hold a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Lanugage) qualification and teach English to those living in London and want to learn it or improve their level of the language. I create structured lesson plans and tailor each lesson to the student so to provide an engaging lesson for them. I cover grammar, conversation, reading, writing & listening in my lessons and try to use subjects that my students will be interested in.
I have been tutoring privately since September 2016 and have been recommended by my students to their friends or colleagues wanting to learn French, Spanish or English. Previous to that, I used to teach English whilst living in France for 12 months.
• University of Kent, Canterbury – 2007 - 2011. Graduate in BA (Hons) French and Spanish (with Italian) - 2.1
• ERASMUS year abroad studying at Université Lyon III, France and Universidad de Salamanca, Spain.
• Dover Grammar School for Girls – 2000 – 2007 including school sports captain, prefect and Duke of Edinburgh award.
• A-Level – French (A), Spanish (B), and Psychology (C), AS-Level – Drama, Sports Studies. 11 GCSE’s including 5 at A*/A
September 2016 – Present
Tutor of French, Spanish & English (self-employed)
• Tutor regular clients for private lessons and host French & Spanish after school club for primary schools & pre-schools in South London (DBS cleared)
• Create own lesson plans and structured classes. I am able to follow a key stage 2, 3, GCSE & A-level curriculum if requested.
• Experience in teaching children and adults of all levels from complete beginner to advanced.
July 2016 – September 2016 (2 month break)
Backpacking and volunteering project in South East Asia
• Volunteering at a wildlife conservation sanctuary in Thailand
• Travelled through Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand
I've been learning French with Laura now once a week for the past 2 months and have thoroughly enjoyed our lessons. She is reliable and creates a positive learning environment which helps me gain confidence when speaking the language. She is patient and I've already noticed an improvement in my speaking & listening of French.
I'd recommend her to anyone wanting to learn French.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|