My name is Jean, an ESL teacher and French translator by training. I live in Gatineau, Quebec. In terms of teaching English or French as second languages, I interact with students and make them brainstorm in work groups while helping them develop the four language skills: listening-comprehension, reading, speaking and writing. Usually, language should be learnt and taught especially through culture and daily life experiences.
I have taught and tutored in Canada and China for about two years. In Ottawa, at La Cite Collegiale, I gave students basic English lessons, and at Algonquin College I tutored newcomers to Canada in conversational English and helped students with their assignments. In Montreal, I also worked as a private tutor and tutored students and working adults in English, French, and math.
40 Rue Sainte Marie
Gatineau, Quebec J8Y 2A3
Phone Number: (concealed information)
Email Address: (concealed information)
Skype Number: jean.bengermain11
Available to tutor students or working adults in French as a Second Language and/or Math in Gatineau and/or Ottawa with Superprof.
• About two years’ experience in teaching English as a second language and social studies (10th and 11th grades);
• About one year’s experience in tutoring French and maths;
• About six months working as a French translator intern (from English into French);
• about two years working in the bilingual (English and French) service (Call Centre);
• Courteous, outgoing, moderate, cooperative, autonomous, patient, and punctual;
• Computer skills: Ms Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher) and Internet search;
• Languages: English, French and French Creole.
AREAS OF COMPETENCES
• Preparing lesson plans relating to LINC Curriculum Guidelines and adult learners’ needs;
• Helping students develop the following skills: listening-comprehension, reading, speaking, and writing;
• Using a systematic approach including lectures, demonstrations, laboratory work, brainstorming, working groups, etc.
• Preparing, administering, and marking examinations, tests, quizzes, and assignments to assess students’ progress;
• Recording students’ attendances and evaluations and other activities on a regular basis;
• Dividing the class into several work groups and supervising them individually;
• Using resources and technology relevant to the training level.
• Elaborating lesson plans, discussing topics, and selecting modules focusing on how to integrate with Canadian culture or others.
• Translating texts (Areas: general and literary languages, economics, law, information technology fields, etc.): from English into French and from French into English; reviewing translated texts and looking up terminology research.
• Welcoming customers, identifying their needs, and serving them.
• Teacher of English and Social Studies
Jinan Jianda Foreign Language School of Shandong, Jinan (China) 2016-17
Services Tutorat Inc., Montreal 2014-16
• Supply English Teacher
OCISO, Ottawa 2010-12
• Basic English Teacher
La Cité collégiale, Ottawa 2011
• Freelance English into French Translator
United Translators, Ottawa 2010
• Tutor (Paid, Unpaid Work)
Algonquin College, Ottawa 2008-09
• Research Intern (French Translator) and Proofreader
Saint Boniface University, Winnipeg 2005
• Language Services Operator (Call Centre)
Can Talk Canada, Winnipeg 2001-03
• Graduate Certificate: Teachers of English as a 2nd/Foreign Language (Program Length: 1 year) Algonquin College, Ottawa, CANADA 2009
• Honours Bachelor of Arts: Specialized Translation (Program Length: 4 years) University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, CANADA 2005
• Bachelor of Arts: English Studies (Program Length: 3 years) University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA 1997
• Volunteer English into French Translator
Translation Cloud/Ackuna, Jersey City 2012-13
• Volunteer English into French Translator
Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, Ottawa Valley Chapter 2010-11
Reading, physical exercise, music, Internet, and social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Skype, WeChat, etc).
Available on request.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£27||£19|
|5 hours||Not available||£57||£94|
|10 hours||Not available||£94||£188|