My teaching is relaxed, and I like to start with a conversation and look at a different topic area in each session. I can adapt my classes to your needs, and specifically cover GCSE & A-Level topics as needed. I have a reasonably informal approach to teaching, as I believe languages are best learnt in a fun & relaxed environment.
I studied French at university in Edinburgh, and spent 3 years living in France after graduating, working as a lecturer at a French University, where I taught up to 30 students at once. I am specialised in giving speaking lessons, but I can also focus more on grammar & writing
I'd like to offer you the first lesson free, and then £18 per hour thereafter, for lessons at my home, £20 if I come to you, and £15 for online lessons.
Send me a message with any questions - I'd love to hear from you!
June 2018 – Present: Marketing & Communications Officer LONDON
• Organisation of internal & external events - All Staff Meeting, Christmas party, team building, Client forums, lunches, dinners, meetings and other entertainment
• Writing and distribution of internal newsletter (using Mailchimp)
• Internal & External digital marketing, increasing online & social media presence
• Internal Email Campaigns & Blasts
• Ensuring consistency across Talan branding, supporting the sales team with resources, presentations & information. Increasing brand awareness.
• Chief Happiness Officer - Organising team socials, company perks & benefits, gathering employee feedback, organising merchandising, and buoy up office atmosphere
• Office Management - Travel bookings, business cards, marketing materials, general support to team.
October 2017 – June 2018: Administrative & Communications Assistant LONDON
• Communications involved the organisation of internal events, identifying & booking pertinent industry conferences, forums & networking events. Writing & publishing the internal newsletter & designing & producing marketing material.
• Admin work focused on writing contracts for client projects, contractors, employees. Taking part in the on-boarding experience for new employees. Processing expenses claims. Accounts receivable (reception, chasing, processing & payment of invoices). Maintaining & updating intranet consistently - monitoring projects, suppliers, clients, invoicing & resources
• I was promoted to Head of Back Office for Talan Spain and thus oversaw the establishment of the Back Office for a new Talan branch. I was doing Spanish client & employee contracts, statements of work, homologations, contractor & employee documentation, and establishing various employee benefits (e.g. private health & life insurance), payroll etc. I was in charge of monthly accounts, creating, approving, sending invoices, updating the PnL & preparing payments
September 2015 – August 2017: Lectrice D’Anglais UNIVERSITÉ DE LORRAINE, METZ
Working as an English teacher to French university students and further education learners.
• Planning and giving lessons to people of all ages and levels helped to develop my oral & written communication skills and flexibility
• Prepared activities and cultural discussions, & gave both oral and written exams.
• Extremely organised, with highly effectively manage my time effectively to ensure all my students were satisfied with the quality of the lessons
• Active member of the English department, and suggested various changes to the organisation of the extra-curricular, and helped plan the department’s activities day.
June – September 2013: Animatrice d’enfants VVF VILLAGES, VENDES, FRANCE
• Working entirely in French
• Acquired valuable leadership skills, as I was responsible for around 20 children at a time.
• Excellent organisation & efficiency to offer highly professional service for holiday-makers
• Responsible for organising and running events; proposed & created new activity days
September 2012- May 2013: Volunteer Retail Assistant SAVE THE CHILDREN, EDINBURGH
• Commercially aware & on top of trends to identify which products to highlight.
• Offered creative, innovative ideas to renew the shop’s identity & led the re-organisation of the shop floor, using my initiative and leadership skills.
• Ensured good customer service to encourage customer loyalty, dealt with customer enquiries
August 2011 - May 2012: Party hostess and Play Centre Assistant FUN4ALL, MACCLESFIELD
• Part of a close team, rotating from reception, to party hosting, to the café.
• The success of the centre relied on teamwork and flexibility so I encouraged a supportive team ethos.
• The key was to be proactive, and use my initiative.
June - July 2008: Intern AITO, LONDON
• Processing customer feedback.
• Working as a team to finish internal projects within deadlines.
October 2009 - June 2011: Arts Club Leader THORNGROVE SCHOOL, CHEADLE HULME
September 2011- BA (Hons) Modern Languages and European Union Studies 2:1
June 2015 University of Edinburgh
January 2014 - ERASMUS, Sciences-Po Université Pierre Mendes Grenoble, France
September 2013 - ERASMUS, Universidad de Cáceres, Spain
January 2014 Spanish/English Translation, History of Cinema, Spanish language and Literature.
June 2011 A Level Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School A*AB
June 2010 AS Level Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School AAAB
June 2009 GCSE Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School 2 A*s, 6 As, B
Languages: French: Fluent, Spanish: Proficient
TEFL qualified teacher
IT: PC: Microsoft Office XP – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
Mac: Apple iWork - Pages, Keynote, Numbers
Social media: WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Clean driving licence
Penny taught spoken English for 2 years both privately and at a French university to students of all ages from pre-school to 80 year olds. She made the lessons both fun and informative.
As a person, she is empathetic, calm, friendly - and very reliable.
Penny is my daughter - but that aside, I have no hesitation in recommending her if you want to improve your English, whether business or conversational.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|