I use a communicative and task-based approach in class which focuses on speaking, writing, listening and reading skills with an emphasis on effective communication. I also place a lot of importance on mastering the French accent. I am used to preparing lesson plans in line with a variety of French Language textbooks at our disposal.
I cater to students of all age groups from level A1 to B2 and offer classes for specific needs: DELF exams, Professional French for corporate needs, French as a part of school/college curriculum, French for travel and leisure and French to brush up speaking skills.
Throughout my teaching years, I have been helping students reach their true potential by putting their interests above mine, being sensitive to their needs, understanding individual learning processes, and creating a friendly environment where each student has the scope to shine; all this while maintaining high standards of teaching and discipline. I believe when the atmosphere in the classroom is disciplined and convivial at the same time, it helps students learn more effectively. My teaching experience as well as the feedback that I have received from students and the institutions I have taught at, has instilled confidence in me and strengthened my ability to teach.
I am very passionate about French culture and language and have been sharing my experience and love for education with students through teaching. It is an honor to continue to teach this beautiful language to others and inspire many more minds to develop a keen interest in it and see the language for what it is; magical.
I look forward to meet you and make you experience the richness of this musical language called French :)
I have been a Teacher at esteemed French institutions such as the Alliance Française in India; where I taught French as a Foreign Language to students of Level A1 to B2. Moreover, a Master 1 in Pedagogy of Languages with a specialisation in French as a Foreign Language from Paris has trained me well to distinguish between various teaching methodologies and use them as per the audience and topic at hand. I also have a bachelor’s degree in French Literature and a DALF C1 (Diploma in Advanced French Language). While teaching at the Alliance Française, I have been an examiner-corrector for the official exams of DELF A1, A2, B1.
I believe that my stay in France for educational and professional purposes has helped me acquire a profound understanding of French culture, history, and literature which helps me transfer knowledge even better and diversify students’ cultural experiences. Over the years, a close association with my native French colleagues, host families and friends has allowed me to pick up cultural connotations, idiomatic expressions and linguistic nuances of the language which has helped me tremendously in my work.
French Teacher at Alliance Française de Bangalore, India (2017 - 2019)
• Group classes for students of Level A1 to B2, for students of Level A1 and A2 at Christ (Deemed to be University), esteemed institution of Bangalore and for students at United International School.
• Summer camps for children aged 7 to 10.
• Corporate French training for partner companies such as the Société Générale Group.
• Invigilator-examiner-corrector for the official examinations of DELF (Level A1 to B1).
French Trainer at Lowe's Companies, Inc., Bangalore, India (2018 - 2019)
• Train engineers in Business French to facilitate communication with clients in Canada.
Co-Ordinator & Administrative Assistant at Naval Group (formerly DCNS), Mumbai, India (2014 - 2015)
• Assist a team of French engineers (Advising and Overseeing Team) working on the Scorpene India P-75 project of the Indian Navy at Mazgaon Dock, Mumbai.
• Co-ordinate with the team and help them with issues pertaining to language, logistics and administration; manage entry passes for French personnel to the high-security submarine construction site, logistics within the office and arrange transport, accommodation & travel during the French personnel’s stay in Mumbai.
English Teaching Assistant at Académie de Lille (Collège René Cassin and Collège François Mitterrand), Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France (2013 - 2014)
• Teach English as a foreign language to students aged 7 to 15.
French Translator-Teacher & Administrative Assistant at INTUIT LAB - French School of Design & Visual Communication, Mumbai, India (2012 - 2013)
• Translate emails, syllabi, catalogues, and legal documents exchanged between Intuit Lab Mumbai and Intuit Lab Paris.
• Interpret meetings with founders.
• Teach French to prepare students for internship roles in France.
• Assist the Accounts Manager by record daily expenses and tabulate monthly financial expenditures such as teachers’ payments, promotional events, fests, exhibitions, purchases etc.
• Assist the Marketing Head by interviewing students to assess eligibility for enrolment and doing inquiry sessions with parents.
French Translator & Interpreter at Capgemini, Mumbai, India (2011 - 2012)
• Translate and interpret documents, emails, and telephonic conversations from English to French, and French to English for our engineering team.
• Translate documents for the following modules:
• Material Management
• Production Planning
• Sales and Distribution
• 2016 - 2017 : Master 1 - Didactique des Langues : Français Langue Etrangère, Français Langue Seconde et Interculturalité (Pedagogy of Languages : French as a foreign/second language & Interculturality), Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France.
• 2015: DALF C1 (Advanced level in French Language), Alliance Française de Bombay (authorised by CIEP Paris)
• 2012: DFP C1 (Advanced level in Professional French), Alliance Française de Bombay (authorised by Chamber of Commerce & Industry Paris.)
• 2008: BA. French Literature, University of Mumbai.
• English (Native)
• French (Proficient)
• Hindi (Proficient)
• Marathi (Native)
• Certified member of the jury, examiner-corrector of the DELF (Diploma in French Language Studies) exams conducted by the Foreign Affairs Ministry of France.
• Certified Yoga Teacher (RYT 200), authorised by The Yoga Institute Mumbai.
• Yoga & Ayurveda
• Biodiversity Conservation
Alliance Française: Alliance Française is an international organization that aims to promote the French language and culture around the world. Created in Paris on 21 July 1883, its primary concern is teaching French as a second or foreign language and is headquartered in Paris.
CIEP: An institution of the French Ministry of National Education.
DELF: The Diplôme d'études en langue française (English: Diploma in French Language Studies), or DELF for short, is a certification of French-language abilities for non-native speakers of French administered by the International Centre for French Studies (Centre international d'études pédagogiques, or CIEP) for France’s Ministry of Education.
DALF: The Diplôme approfondi de langue française (English: Diploma in Advanced French Language), or DALF for short, is a certification of French-language abilities for non-native speakers administered by France's Centre international d'études pédagogiques, or CIEP, (International Centre of Pedagogical Studies) for France’s Ministry of Education.
Devika is an empathetic teacher who uses a learner centric approach. She is patient and adapts the curriculum based on the needs of the learner effortlessly. She has mastery over the language and is thorough in the content she delivers. She assures learners reach their desired level of mastery too. I had the most wonderful time learning French from her :)
I had Devika Ma'am as my teacher for A2 level of French and she is not only an incredible teacher but a great support and encouragement. She is very polite and patient, which made the learning process a lot easier. Her way of teaching was inclusive and so easy to understand. I used to love her classes and I adore her as both, an educator/ teacher and a person.
Devika has taught me French a fair bit when I wanted to learn basics to get me started. She is exceptionally patient, that's something which stands out in her especially since I was slow and raw to get started. She is also incredibly focussed on getting it right the first time. As a student you want to get a few fundamentals right the first time because some things bed in and never change (like pronounciation, enunciation etc). Few hours in and I really started liking French. Her enthusiasm rubs off on you and learning becomes easy and fun. Her quality consciousness explains why she is able to teach professional French and higher levels as I thought I'd struggle to learn basics from a teacher who is more used to teaching those levels, but I was wrong. She is able to look through a student's perspective very well.
I'm Kristel. I've studied with Devika in Paris. She's a very pleasant and devoted teacher, passionate by her work. I recommend her because she's able to understand and anticipate learners' problems as it is her second language too.
Devika is not only proficient at French after spending years in France, she is also patient and dedicated to doing the best job that she can do at whatever she sets her mind to. As a teacher, she is sure to go above and beyond to get her students to master French and love it too!
Devika is an experienced French language teacher with a demonstrated history of working with individuals, small and large groups and corporates. She was my colleague at the Alliance Française de Bangalore and is a certified DELF examiner. She is extremely approachable, warm and patient with her students and colleagues which makes learning and collaboration very easy. If you're looking for an excellent French teacher with cultural knowledge of France, I would strongly recommend her!
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|